What’s New in Year 6 Summer Term?
Thank you so much for the ingredients which the children brought in to make their chilli con carnes. They loved making these and were very impressed with the final result!
Firstly, the children prepared their ingredients by opening cans, chopping their vegetables and grating their cheese.
The next step was to cook the meat; Mrs Jones taught the children how to cook mince by browning it. Following this, they added their ingredients – most groups used onions, beans and vegetables. It was nice to see some original recipes such as adding spinach or sweet potato.
The children had these for lunch accompanied with rice, tortilla crisps and any other garnishes which they brought in. The teachers enjoyed sampling some of the children’s creations!
Hopefully, the children had lots of positive comments about their design and technology experience – many were keen to try out their recipes at home and you may even get a night off from cooking soon!
New Project! – ‘What a Shock!’
We started our new project this year with an exciting lesson programming a teacher robot to make a jam sandwich using precise algorithms. Additionally, we have been creating robot-inspired poetry in English lessons as well as studying the artist Eric Joyner. We’ll update you more about this project soon!
Reminders and Messages:
- Please return the SATs breakfast club letter to let us know either way as to whether your child is coming
- Return the Winchester Cathedral letter
- A letter about June’s Bikeability will be coming home in the coming weeks
- SATs revision – get your child to prioritise the areas where they are feeling less confident
- Windmill Hill DVDs will be on their way to you soon!