A note from Mr Applegate
- Our covid cases seem to be declining, which is great news. Thank you for your understanding and flexibility over the weeks.
- A huge shout-out to Alvaro in Y1 who does a litter pick each day on his way home. What a great way to look out after our community and environment!
- Have your job or financial circumstances changed? Your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, and additional funding for the school. Find out here.
- Is your child a Young Carer? We’d like to run an after school club especially for Young Carers. Please email the office if your child might be interested. It’s a great way for your child to know there are other children who have additional responsibilities at home. Find our more about Young Carers here.
- We’re revamping our teaching of being safe online and adopting healthy digital lifestyles! Ask your child about Natterhub!
- Have a great weekend! Mr Applegate
Respecting our neighbours
I was sadenned to receive a complaint from a local resident regarding parking and driving on their road by a school parent. Please can I urge everyone to be respectful to our local residents
We encourage our residents to contact the police, traffic wardens or local council to report any misdemeanours.
Unfortunately we almost had a serious injury on Woodbury Road this morning. Please can we ask adults to look out for their children when walking or cycling to school. Please also cross at the pedestrian crossings – not across a roundabout!
Friday 8th April 2022
Monday 6th June 2022
Thursday 1st September 2022
Friday 2nd September 2022
Tuesday 3rd January 2023
Friday 31st March 2023
Monday 5th June 2023
Second Hand Uniform from FOSM
If you need to order any school uniform, please contact FOSM direct at: email@example.com
Items coming into school
When dropping off items, such as glasses, musical instruments, lunch boxes, water bottles, clothing etc, could you please ensure your child’s name is clearly marked. Thank you.
“I’ll do anything for a treat!”
Dates for your diaries
Parents’ Eve (1/3) – Weds 16th March – 4-6:30pm
Parents’ Eve (2/3) – Weds 23rd March – 3:40-5:50pm
Parents’ Eve (3/3) – Weds 30th March – 4-6pm
Safer Internet Day 2022
… is coming! Feb 8th 2022, with a non-uniform day -wear something orange or blue if you can!
Vacancies at St Mark’s
We are looking for 2 friendly, reliable and enthusiastic people to join our amazing cleaning team.
Hours of work are 3.30pm to 6.30pm Monday to Friday with an hourly rate of £9.25 per hour.
If you would like to apply for the position please email the school office for an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personalised Draw String Bags
Due to high demand, the lead time for these bags is proving to be a little longer than anticipated.
Please bear with us and we will process your order as quickly as possible.
Please also be sure to complete the form and make payment on ScoPay when submitting your order.
Brighton Hill Diversion Plans
Click here for more info.
Star Learner Awards:
- Year R: Harry E, Ishaan, Maddi L
- Year 1: Elliana, Daniel N, Max M
- Year 2: Liam, Elliot, Sophie
- Year 3: Joshua, Summer, Willow
- Year 4: Oscar, Finley, Annabelle
- Year 5: Rosie, Izzy L, Marcus
- Year 6: Zac P, Libby, Kaiden
- Year 3: Grace S, Benjamin, Nathan
- Year 4: Chloe M, Chloe Ma, Elizabeth
- Year 5: Scarlett E, Aarav, Irebami
- Year 6: Madison P, Phoebe, Kai
Most active class in each year group:
- Year 3: 3SB
- Year 4: 4H
- Year 5: 5SP
- Year 6: 6C
- Year1: Daniel N, Lucas, Sophie
- Year 2: Olivia H, Eli, Darcie
Star Reader Awards:
- Year 1: Phoenix, Zach A, Charlotte
- Year 2: Ruby L, Alyssa, Oscar
- Year 3: Lucas A, Amber, Aaron
- Year 4: Archie, Taya, Harvey
- Year 5: Ano, Lewis, Izabella
- Year 6: Sophia E, Darcy, Sophie
Music of the week!
Johann Strauss II was an Austrian composer mainly composing light music for waltzes or operettas. The Blue Danube is one of his most famous pieces of music inspired by the Danube river that flows through many countries in Europe.
In worship this week…
FOSM – Support Our School!
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.