A note from Mr Applegate
However, it is not recommended that children and young people are tested for COVID-19 unless directed to by a health professional.
- Whilst the government are now not recommending testing for Covid, if you do test and get a positive result, you should isolate for 5days as an adult and 3 days as a child, and then you finish isolation, without needing a negative test. Children can then return to school assuming they are well. No need to test negative.
The government is not expecting pupils or staff in schools to routinely test themselves for COVID-19.
- Tests aren’t available for free, and the school is not being given any more tests.
- See here for more information.
Have a great weekend! Mr Applegate
School gates close at 8:50am and 3:30pm sharp. We are happy for you to chat after dropping the children off or collecting them, but please do so off the school grounds! Thank you :)
PE Days After Easter
- Monday – Year 1
Tuesday – Year 5 (Summer 1 only due to swimming in Summer 2)
Wednesday – Year 2 and Year 4 (For Y4 – Summer 2 only due to swimming in Summer 1)
Thursday – Year 3
Friday – Year R and Year 6
Online Saftey Team
We’re looking for 2 parents or carers to join our online safety team. You don’t need to be techie, but rather keen to contribute to helping our children and community stay safe online. We’ll meet once per term for an hour at 2pm. You would have input into our online safety strategy, inlcuding bringing a parent voice to what we can do for children and parents to help keep everyone safe and ‘in the know’. Email us if you are interested. Thanks!
Does anyone have a contact from RAF Odiham? Please email us if so. Thanks.
Change of contact details?
Has your mobile number changed? No longer have a landline? Have you moved? Please don’t forget to let the office know. Email us here.
Just a reminder, if you wish to express an interest for your child to start music lessons from September, the deadline is Friday 8th April.
Please click the link below:
Haven’t they done well to learn this piece over the past few weeks?
FOSM Easter Egg Hunt
FOSM News and Dates
Match Funding Anyone?
What is match funding?
If you work for an organisation that has a match funding policy, any money we raise could be matched by your employer. Companies may match the fundraising total for a whole event. Usually, the employee will need to supply them with a letter from the PTA detailing the date and nature of the event, together with the total raised.
Does your employer have a match funding scheme?
You can contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your employer has a match funding scheme, or if they are willing to match funds at any of our events.
If your employer has a match funding policy, please do let us know, especially if you are already volunteering or thinking of volunteering at any PTA event.
Thank you in advance for looking into match funding. Every little really does help (and yes, Tesco do match fund!).
In worship this week…
We thought about the story of the unforgiven servant, and how we need to recycle forgiveness. As we are forgiven, we can then forgive!
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
- Year R: Harvey, Evie H, Evie N
- Year 1: Gracie S, Harry B, Kyla
- Year 2: Jacob, Tilly, Liliana
- Year 3: Theo, Benjamin, Hannah
- Year 4: George P, Ross, Charlotte
- Year 5: Ano, Zion, Ally
- Year 6: Jessica R, Archie, Milly
- Year 3: Ewan B, Sophia L, Jacob L
- Year 4: Alfie M, Abigail M, Chloe Ma
- Year 5: Elsie A, Kalel A, Isla B
- Year 6: Amelia G, Poppy L, Sophia M
Most active class in each year group:
- Year 3: 3SB
- Year 4: 4PG
- Year 5: 5P
- Year 6: 6C
- Year1: Finley , Max H, Harvey
- Year 2: Ruby L, George J, Dylan A
Star Reader Awards:
- Year 1: Alisha W, Callie, Ella W
- Year 2: Sarah, Liam, Elijah
- Year 3: Tomasz, Amber, Luke P
- Year 4: Freya H, Olivia N, Jack D
- Year 5: Alexis, Neve, Eunice
- Year 6: Neve G, Sophia M, Ben H
Music of the week!
Karl Jenkins is a Welsh composer and musician. Adiemus is one of his most well-known pieces, used in adverts.
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.