Keeping your child safe online
|There are fantastic guides here to helping you as a parent understand different ‘platforms’ on the internet.||A variety of resources from Vodafone answering excellent questions and offering great advice for parents.|
- General Advice
- Helpful videos
- How can I monitor my childs tablet or phone or xbox etc?
- Internet Safety Day
Years 1 to 4
Years 5 & 6
There are lots of different devices out there, but UK Safer Internet Centre is a great website to give specific help.
Other websites include:
Our children love to use the internet especially to play games and to communicate with their friends. The way they start using computers and the guidance they are given at this young age can set them on the right path to being safer in later life.
At our school we ensure that our children are taught the basic tips of Internet Safety in every year group. Today we had an Internet Safety Day. It was run by Paul Hay who is an expert in Internet Safety. Paul worked with the teachers to lead an assembly and run class lessons. For the younger years, we watched a cartoon which was created by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection agency (CEOPs). These videos can be seen on our pages.
Our 4 Top Tips are:
- Top Tip 1 : People you don’t know are strangers. They’re not always who they say they are.
- Top Tip 2 : Be nice to people on the computer like you would in the playground.
- Top Tip 3 : Keep your personal information private.
- Top Tip 4 : If you ever get that ‘uh oh’ feeling, you should tell a grown-up you trust.
On 15th Jan 218, Paul Hay spent the day speaking with children and parents. He has provided links to useful sites to learn more about Internet Safety and watch other related videos. Here is the site
Paul is also happy for parents to contact him with any questions you may have.