Thank you for taking time to carry out these actions. We take safeguarding seriously; this includes any adult being aware of their responsibilities towards the school, children and other adults. All staff, governors, and volunteers need to do the steps and actions below annually.
Step 1 About St Mark’s (Everyone):
Step 2- Documents to read (Everyone):
- Familiarise yourself with www.stmarksprimary.net/safeguarding
- Code of Conduct document (governors read this document)
- Acceptable use of IT document.
- Policies including Safeguarding, Child protection and KCSIE can be found here. You must read and be familiar with 2022 versions of safeguarding, child protection and KCSIE Part One
Step 3 – New staff, new volunteers and new governors:
- Watch the induction video below.
Watch the safeguarding introduction YouTube videos below if you are new to safeguarding at St Mark’s.
Step 4 – Staff only – General training:
- Read the Staff Mobile Phone Policy
- Read the Simba information sheet 🐕
- Read our fire evacuation plan, see our fire exit map, and locate our fire marshall points.
- Fire safety – read the slides below
- Moving & handling – watch the video below
- AllergyWise – complete the training (details below)
- Hampshire Corporate Acceptable Use – read the slides below
Step 5 – Staff Only:
Step 6 – Staff and volunteers:
- Complete the Child Care Disqualification form (must be completed every year).
Step 7 – Everyone: