St Mark’s Careers Fair
We’re excited to be running the first ever St Mark’s Careers Fair! We are putting this on because we want our children to:
- be inspired by what people do in both business and charity work
- become aware of the range of jobs available in life, including running your own business or working for companies and organisations
- begin to think about what they might like to do
- see how what we do in school prepares them for later on in life
What will it look like?
During the mornings of Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th February, our hall will be transformed into a careers fair. The children will be visiting the different stands, talking to the adults from the various business and organisations on show. Some stands will have practical demonstrations and even freebies!
Leading up to the careers fair, children will be thinking about the world of work. The careers fair will then be a great opportunity to liaise with adults in the world of work. The careers fair is for children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
We need your help!
Would your business or organisation be able to run a stall on either or both of the days of the career fair? Perhaps you work for a large company, run a business, work in the public sector, or are retired from a profession. We would love for you to run a stall at our fair. We will supply a table and chairs, and electric points can be made available for a laptop or equipment. You are able to bring vertical banners, hands-on activities, leaflets and freebies, and can have one or more adults to help run the stall. We’ll even provide refreshments. Remember, the purpose is to inspire pupils and engage with them in thinking about their aspirations.
|Click here to register to run a stand. Thank you!|
Do you have more information if I am interested in helping?
– The dates are Weds 13th and Thurs 14th Feb – doing both mornings is really helpful, but one or the other is fine too.
– Times – children will be visiting the stands between 9am and 11:15am. You are free to setup from 8:30am. We need to finish by 11:30am for setting up lunch!
– There will be approximately 180 pupils visiting the stands on each day (360 in total). Parents may be joining them.
– You are welcome to bring freebies; if you do, please bring sufficient numbers for all pupils.
– Our children will be keen to engage with you, and ask questions about your organisation. They won’t bite!
– If you are bringing resources that could require a risk assessment (e.g. foods, machines or chemicals etc), then please do mention this on the registration form. Engineering/science firms for example may have hands on equipment to bring.
– St Mark’s reserves the right to validate a business/organisation’s compatibility with the ethos and values of the school, and may in exceptional circumstances decline the offer of support.
If you have any questions or need to find out more, please email email@example.com