In Feb 2020, we ran a 2 day careers fair at St Mark’s! We want our children to:
- be inspired by what people do in both business and charity work
- become aware of the range of jobs available in life, including running your own business or working for companies and organisations
- begin to think about what they might like to do
- see how what we do in school prepares them for later on in life
A huge thank you to everyone who took part in our careers fair this year. The stall holders were amazed by our pupils, and sent us these messages:
- Your children are amazing. They were polite, engaging and asked some excellent questions. We spoke to a number of aspiring footballers, vets, doctors, teachers and even two budding chefs. They all understood that eating a balanced diet is exactly what they need to fuel their bodies for learning to be able to fulfil their career aspirations. They were pretty good at recognising the different fruits and vegetables too.
- I have enjoyed the children’s inquisitiveness and interaction, which I think is crucial to know about the world around them.
- The children were Very polite, but at the same time very enthusiastic and inquisitive. They asked really good questions and were very imaginative.
- I would like to thank all the children, staff and parents that visited the Career Companion stand at this years Careers Fair. It was such a pleasure to meet you all! I was particularly impressed by the children’s insightful questions about the world of careers, and where their subject interests might be helpful. All the pupils were a credit to St Mark’s School and their families, and the world of work will be a better place for when they are ready to enter.
- It was really lovely visiting st Mark’s school for their amazing careers fair! It was so much fun and great to meet some little musicians! All the children were really enthusiastic and engaged in the opportunity to explore what they could do with their future. It was a pleasure to be there and answer their questions. Thank you to all that took part in the song lyric competition!