Message from Mr Applegate
Christmas is coming! The children are busy preparing for their various performances, and we cannot wait to see them all!
I continue to be impressed – and very proud – of the children’s work ethic and ethos in school. They work exceptionally hard, cope well with the covid restrictions, and their attitude and learning continues to bring a smile to our staff. I know you are proud of them too.
Staff Gifts: There is never any expectation or pressure to buy staff Christmas presents. However, if you would like to, please bring them in by 15th Dec to allow for quarantine. Thank you.
A couple of reminders:
- Please don’t use the playground equipment after school. We’re not insured for it, and it gets cleaned for COVID and therefore if it is used, it becomes unclean. Thanks!
- If your child has diarrhea and/or is vomiting, please stay at home until 48hrs after the last episode. It a child also has a temperature, remember this is a covid symptom so household isolation and test is required.
Finally, thank you for taking part in our ‘Get Simba to the North Pole to meet Santa’ sponsored walk. He is naturally excited to be going to an amazing place, to meet a special person, and also to be helping the school to raise much needed funds. If raising money is tricky, just enjoy the walks! We are grateful for your support in so many ways.
Have a great weekend, Mr Applegate
FOSM Update & Christmas Activities
As you are probably aware, we are unable to hold our Christmas Fayre this year. We are so disappointed as not only does this raise around £5000 each year for our school, but it’s always a great day and offers many of our children the opportunity for a visit with Santa.
This year we are having to do things a little bit differently. The committee are working hard to raise much needed funds, whilst providing you and your children with some fun activities. It’s not an easy task, but we hope you all enjoy what we’ve got to come.
Between now and Christmas we’ve got our sponsored walk to help get Simba to the North Pole to meet Santa. Sponsorship form is here! We’re holding a non-uniform day with Christmas party (Thursday 17th Dec – same day as Christmas Lunch), which MAY also include an surprise appearance from a very special guest (we’re not promising anything just yet!). We’re also trying to arrange a small virtual Christmas raffle. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to have as many prizes as we would normally do given the current situation, but we hope you’ll still want to win and buy tickets.
There’ll be some fun events in the New Year too… more details coming soon!
These difficult times are proving challenging for us all, but we’re committed to running these fun events for you, your families and our school. We’re a small team of dedicated volunteers, many of whom work full time as well as looking after our families! We all put a lot of effort into our events and your continuing support makes the organisation and planning worthwhile. Thank you.
The Simba toy raffle raised £195 taking our total to £3340.27!
Join in our Advent Worship (showing on Monday in school)
Star Learners Last Week!
Well done to:
- Year R: Alfie P, Amaira, Harper
- Year 1: Ben M, Max, Jack
- Year 2: Lucas W, Willow, Nathan
- Year 3: Kody, Joshua F, Cody, Ayden
- Year 4: Emilia, Zion, Ally,
- Year 5: Mason, Kaiden, Charlie A
- Year 6: Asani, Simone, Scarlett B
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more.
Year R Tours – September 2021
Interested in joining St Mark’s for September 2021? We’re running tours and online sessions. Click here to find out more
- Use the email email@example.com if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- Read this letter from Public Health England about symptoms and testing.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Do you have a spare laptop you don’t need?
Do you have a laptop lying around, which we can use to support children at home? Doesn’t need to be new or quick. We blitz it, and install all the software necessary. That way a child who doesn’t have access to a laptop for home learning can really benefit. If you can help, please email the office.
What is your child learning this term?
Read the following for your child’s year group to find out more! It includes information about homework, reading, general expectations and more. The Knowledge Organiser helps you to know the knowledge the children should be learning for their project. Test them and see how they are getting on!
- Year 1 Polar Explorers Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 1 Polar Explorers Topic web.pdf
- Year 2 Surprising Journeys Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 2 Surprising Journeys Topic Web.pdf
- Year 3 - The Mystery of Metals Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 3 - The Mystery of Metals Topic Web.pdf
- Year 4 - There's no place like home knowledge organiser.pdf
- Year 4 - There's no place like home topic web.pdf
- Year 5 - Globe Trotting Around North America Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 5 - Globe Trotting Around North America Topic Web.pdf
- Year 6 Keep Calm and Carry On Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 6 Keep Calm and Carry Topic Web.pdf
- YearR newsletter Autumn 2 2020.pdf
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school