- A massive thank you to the FOSM team for their efforts, and for your generosity, in raising £12,867 of our £30,000 target. Read more here!
- If you didnt receive your childs report this week, please check spam/junk folders, and then email the office.
- Well done to 1C and 5F who won the Google Meet form response competition!
- Do you need help with internet access (mobile wifi) or laptops? Email us here. We can also apply to increase your mobile data limits, but only if required.
- If you have a spare/old laptop that you can donate, please let us know.
- SCL After School Club can be booked here.
- If your child (whether at home or school) is showing symptoms or tests postive, please let us know at the covid email address.
- Snow may be coming next week. If there are specific instructions for school, we’ll let you know via website and email. Assume all is carrying on though.
A note from Mr Applegate
Two weeks in and were developing a rhythm of a new way of doing school. Thank you for your messages of encouagement as the staff adapt to ‘going live’. The feedback received has been overwhelmingly positive.
Remember, school isnt closed, but rather has moved online with some children doing that online learning from school. It’s key that children engage in the learning at home, and again 99% are. Home learning is of course balanced with managing your family circusmtances and we do understand the challenges. We’ll be reaching out to the small minority this week who seem to be struggling in some way with completing work to see how we can help.
Have a great weekend!
Top Tip For Google Meets – Pin Your Teacher!
In Google Meet, you can use the Pin icon to pin that person’s video to the screen. We recommend ‘pinning’ the teacher. This stops the video jumping around to whoever else might be speaking, and focuses your child on the teacher.
We are looking for a friendly, reliable and enthusiastic person to join our amazing cleaning team.
Hours of work are 3.30pm to 6.30pm Monday to Friday with an hourly rate of £9.25 per hour.
If you would like to apply for the position please email the school office for an application form at email@example.com
Star Learners at school and home
Well done to:
- Year R: Holly, Evan, Isabelle, Kylara, Cooper, Thomas
- Year 1: Sophie, Noah S, Jamie, Stanley, Lucia, Armaan
- Year 2: Alfie, George, Liam Abigail, Frankie, Eli
- Year 3: Sophia, Noah, Theo A, Joshua C, Ashley, Ethan
- Year 4: Alfie, Oliver B, Trinity, Emily, Matthew, Leighton
- Year 5: Harry, Callen, Ben M, Bella, Sienna, Connie
- Year 6: Pippa, Daniel Hi, Mollie, Lucas V, Charlotte F, Scarlett S
Google Classroom / Meets Etiquette
- Please make sure locations are appropriate if your child is on a Google Meet. (eg not in bed). Be conscious of what’s going on in the background, too.
- Children should be dressed appropriately (eg not in pyjamas).
- Children should only be typing in the chat when invited to by the staff, and not ‘chatting with friends’ – especially during lessons.
Could we please remind parents to be considerate when parking in residential roads. Please don’t obstruct driveways, pavements or park in areas of the road which restrict access for residents or emergency vehicles. Thank you
Can we help?
Email Mrs Greer, our Family Support Worker, if you are intersted in these SOS sessions . N.Greer@st-markscofe.hants.sch.uk
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more.
- Use the email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Do you have a spare laptop you don’t need?
Do you have a laptop lying around, which we can use to support children at home? Doesn’t need to be new or quick. We blitz it, and install all the software necessary. That way a child who doesn’t have access to a laptop for home learning can really benefit. If you can help, please email the office.
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school