Latest Newsletter – Christmas, Videos, Knowledge Organisers and more
Your children are working hard!
We’re so pleased to see the children really working hard and enjoying their school. It makes me very proud looking through the work they have done and watching them in class.
Thank you for your generosity towards Children in Need today – we’ll quarantine and count the money, and let you know the total ASAP.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you for supporting Children In Need
If you weren’t able to give on the gates this morning, you can donate here:
We ‘remembered’ with a special video from Rev May on Wednesday. Mr Denman also played outside for the school at 11am. It was a very moving moment, remembering those who gave their lives for our freedom.
Christmas – Action needed by Friday!
For Christmas, we’d like to produce a video of your child’s class or year group. It will be shared online using Google Classrooms as well as a password protected link to a YouTube video. You must complete this quick form to give permission. Thank you!
Christmas Cards – to be Covid-safe, the last day for brining in Christmas cards for other children is 9th Dec. Cards will then be quarantined, sorted, and re-quarantined before handing out. Remember, no name and class on the envelope means no delivery!
Simba raffle – We have extended the deadline to Friday 20th Nov.
Scavenger Hunt – Thank you to all those who took part in the scavenger hunt and for your lovely comments. It was a huge success and we will be drawing the winner soon.
Your School Lottery – This week’s local winner was Ms C who won £36.90!!!
We have had several cases of head lice recently; please remember to check your child’s hair regularly. Thank you.
What is your child learning this term?
Read the following for your child’s year group to find out more! It includes information about homework, reading, general expectations and more. The Knowledge Organiser helps you to know the knowledge the children should be learning for their project. Test them and see how they are getting on!
- Year 1 Polar Explorers Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 1 Polar Explorers Topic web.pdf
- Year 2 Surprising Journeys Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 2 Surprising Journeys Topic Web.pdf
- Year 3 - The Mystery of Metals Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 3 - The Mystery of Metals Topic Web.pdf
- Year 4 - There's no place like home knowledge organiser.pdf
- Year 4 - There's no place like home topic web.pdf
- Year 5 - Globe Trotting Around North America Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 5 - Globe Trotting Around North America Topic Web.pdf
- Year 6 Keep Calm and Carry On Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 6 Keep Calm and Carry Topic Web.pdf
- YearR newsletter Autumn 2 2020.pdf
This week, Miss Goddard set a competition that the year group who had the most active players would get an extra afternoon play.
- Year 3 had 60% of children playing RockStars this week so have earned 10 minutes extra play
- Year 4 had 55% of children playing RockStars this week so have earned 5 minutes extra play
- Year 5 had 24% of children playing RockStars
- Year 6 had 35% of children playing RockStars
Well done to Year 3 and 4! Let’s see if we can see an improvement in the amount of Year 5 and 6 children playing next week.
All children who have played RockStars for at least half an hour this week have earned an RP for their class!
Star Learners Last Week!
Well done to:
- Year R: James L, Charlie J, Reeva G
- Year 1: Aria C, Charlie M, Elodie M
- Year 2: Joseph N, Jack W, Mia P
- Year 3: Olivia G, Zoe B, Ashley M
- Year 4: Chloe D, Marissa S, Jessica M
- Year 5: Charlie D, Phoebe F, Ollie M
- Year 6: Isla B, Maddie F, Megan L
Dandelions Employment Opportunity
Dandelions Community Pre-school in Basingstoke, are looking for a Deputy Manager to join our team.
A good knowledge of the EYFS is essential, knowledge of the role of SENCO and Tapestry are desirable.
For more information and an application form, please email: email@example.com
Closing date:30th November 2020
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more. The first mal will come out next week.
Year R Tours – September 2021
Interested in joining St Mark’s for September 2021? We’re running tours and online sessions. Click here to find out more
- Use the email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- Read this letter from Public Health England about symptoms and testing.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Do you have a spare laptop you don’t need?
Do you have a laptop lying around, which we can use to support children at home? Doesn’t need to be new or quick. We blitz it, and install all the software necessary. That way a child who doesn’t have access to a laptop for home learning can really benefit. If you can help, please email the office.
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school