10th September Newsletter – Important FOSM Meeting, Key Information Sessions, Parents’ Evenings and more
A note from Mr Applegate
Your children have been a delight! We’ve had an amazing week, and it’s been great to see how the children have settled in so quickly and enjoyed being back at school.
In worship this week, we learned about ‘growing’ – we are all growing in lots of different ways, and we’ll grow across the year too. Not only in height and shoe size but in our reading skills, frienships, confidence, kindness, handwriting and so much more. Ask your child about the plant they are growing in class!
Our new Year R children have settled in so well this week, and will be wearing their school uniforms next week for their next step into ‘big school’. They’ve been great.
As always, please don’t hestiate to contact us if you have any questions. And please join us for the FOSM PTA Meeting on Tuesday. We need you!
Have a great weekend, Mr Applegate.
- Please join our FOSM Meeting on Tuesday 14th Sept, 7:30pm, via Zoom – link is here. Details below.
- Reminder- we’re a nut-free school! This includes chocolate spreads!
- Parking – please be mindful of residents, particularly with our afternoon pickup times being closer together (and so busier). We’ve asked the police to do regular drop-ins.
- What is your child learning this term? Click here to find out!
What’s the FOSM meeting about?
FOSM is our school’s PTA. The meeting is open to all parents and carers, and we really encourage you to come along. You’ll hear about what FOSM has done last year, and what is to come, and how you can help out. Your help really is essential, so thank you for taking the time out. 7:30pm-8:30pm
FOSM AGM Tues 14th Sept 7:30pm
Zoom link is here
Meeting ID: 885 2832 6389
Timings of pickups and dropoffs
- Based on surnames
- Drop-off: A-L 8:30-8:40am, M-Z 8:40am to 8:50am
- Collection: A-L 3:10-3:15pm, M-Z 3:15pm-3:20pm
- Map is here.
- Please be mindful – we have had positive cases in the school – COVID hasn’t gone away. However, rules have changed meaning that classes won’t be sent home.
- Please can all parents/carers/relatives wear masks when on site.
Dates for your diaries
Year Group Key Information Session – Online, using Google Meet. Make sure you can login to Google Meet before the meeting! It’s a chance to meet the teachers and find out important information about your child’s learning for the year. Links will be posted on the Google Classroom Stream just before the session begins.
- Monday 27th Sept – Y4 – 4pm
- Monday 27th Sept – Y6 – 5pm
- Tuesday 28th Sept – Y2 – 4pm
- Tuesday 28th Sept – Y3 – 5pm
- Thursday 30th Sept – Y1 – 4pm
- Thursday 30th Sept – Y5 – 5pm
Parents’ Evenings will be a 10 minute slot, online. Further details will follow, but dates/times are:
- Monday 18th Oct, 4-6:30pm
- Tuesday 2nd Nov 3:40-5:50pm
- Thursday 4th Nov 4-6pm
Just a reminder that we remain a cashless school.
Please pay for Breakfast Club, school dinners, trips and any other items via your ScoPay account. Thank you
Lollipop Crossing, Lower Woodbury Road
Graham, the lollipop man, is due back on Monday 13th September.
The School Nursing Team will be here on Wednesday 17th November to administer the Flu Vaccine for all children Year R-Year 6.
Consent forms will be sent home shortly.
Well done to:
Year 1: Maxwell, Lewis , Finley
Year 2: George F, George J, Aman K
Year 3: Ruby C, Dexter M, Thomas B
Year 4: Aimee R, Jas L, Seth S
Year 5: Amelia W, Scarlett E, Izabella M
Year 6: James H, Lucy L, Darcy E, Chelsea P
Rock Stars best effort:
Numbots best effort:
- Year 1: Eva B, Alfie P, Daniel C
- Year 2: Lucia G, Noah S, Armaan K
Year R Tours for September 2022
Are you thinking about your child joining us in September 2022? Come and find out more about us at our online and onsite sessions!
Zoom Information Session:
- No need to book! Both Zooms are the same.
- Oct 7th Year R Info Zoom – 5pm Link here
- Nov 15th Year R Info Zoom – 6pm Link here
- Please register here.
- Oct 12th Year R Tour – 6-7pm
- Nov 9th Year R Tour 5-6pm
- Dec 2nd Year R Tour 5-6pm
- Come along to the main entrance and we’ll direct you.
FOSM – Support Our School!
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.