A note from Mr Applegate
I hope you’ve had a great week. The children continue to work exceptionally hard, as do the St Mark’s team, and I reflect often how fortunate I am to work in our school community. I see ‘Growing Excellence’ all around – from the Year R’s settling into school so well, to the Year 3’s learning the Ukulele, to the Year 6’s quality of writing.
Like me, I’m sure covid is on your mind. To keep you posted:
- As from last week, we are letting parents and carers know each time there is a positive (PCR) case in the year group.
- We do liaise with PHE and the health protection team. They are impressed by our existing measures, and have requested that where confirmed cases are 3 or more in a class, that the class operates as a bubble as much as possible (ie seperate to the other 2 classes). We continue to tighten aspects of school to reduce transmission and risk.
- Please make sure you check Google Classroom for work – it’s always set when children are off for Covid-related reasons.
- Please wear a mask when onsite- and share this message with anyone who may bring/collect your child.
There are lots of notices below – thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter.
Have a great weekend, Mr Applegate :)
- Year 6 only – complete this Bikeability form by 15th October
- What is your child learning this term? Click here to find out!
St Mark’s Heroes – Can you make the difference?
Our children need your help! They would massively benefit from an hour, an afternoon, or whatever you can give to help them during school hours. Our St Mark’s Heroes scheme aims to gather as much support as possible to help our children with their learning. It could involve reading with a child, supporting a small group, or generally helping in class. It could be helping out at lunchtimes. It’s also great experience if you’re looking to get more involved in schools. We’ll provide the training! There would be a simple application form to complete, a chat with Mr Applegate, and a free DBS check to complete. Click here to register your interest, and to find out more. Thank you for thinking about this – and for thinking of the difference you could make!
Individual School photographs
Timings of pickups and dropoffs
- Based on surnames
- Drop-off: A-L 8:30-8:40am, M-Z 8:40am to 8:50am
- Collection: A-L 3:10-3:15pm, M-Z 3:15pm-3:20pm
- Map is here.
- Do you have Disney+? Have you checked the parental controls? If you’d like to find out more, click here.
Year 6 – Thinking about Year 7
Year 6 – Secondary schools are already gearing up to show you and your child around. Applications for year
7 places for September 2022 (current Year 6s) open on the 13th September 2021 and close on the 31st October 2021. Any later applications are not considered in the first round of school allocation and will be unlikely to be awarded their first choice of school so it is essential that you get your child’s application in on time.
Dates for your diaries
Year Group Key Information Session – Online, using Google Meet. Make sure you can login to Google Meet before the meeting! It’s a chance to meet the teachers and find out important information about your child’s learning for the year. Links will be posted on the Google Classroom Stream just before the session begins.
- Monday 27th Sept – Y4 – 4pm
- Monday 27th Sept – Y6 – 5pm
- Tuesday 28th Sept – Y2 – 4pm
- Tuesday 28th Sept – Y3 – 5pm
- Thursday 30th Sept – Y1 – 4pm
- Thursday 30th Sept – Y5 – 5pm
Parents’ Evenings will be a 10 minute slot, online. Further details will follow, but dates/times are:
- Monday 18th Oct, 4-6:30pm
- Tuesday 2nd Nov 3:40-5:50pm
- Thursday 4th Nov 4-6pm
Just a reminder that we remain a cashless school.
Please pay for Breakfast Club, school dinners, trips and any other items via your ScoPay account. Thank you
Census Day for KS1 School Dinners
On Thursday 7th October, it’s Census Day for all KS1 children who are entitled to Universal Free School Meals (all children in Years R, 1 and 2).
The amount of funding we receive as a school, depends on how many dinners are ordered on that day.
Could you please encourage your child in Year R-Year 2 to order a school dinner on this day. The menu options have been changed to:
Red: Fish & Chips
White: Jacket Potato with vegetarian sausages
Thank you :-)
The School Nursing Team will be here on Wednesday 17th November to administer the Flu Vaccine for all children Year R-Year 6.
Consent forms will be sent home shortly.
Well done to:
Year 1: Sienna, Thompson, Luke
Year 2: Harry, Oliver, Henry
Year 3: Joseph, Dollie-Mae, Jack T
Year 4: Florence, Chloe Ma, Callum
Year 5: Sam L, Harry A, Imogen
Year 6: Sienna, Stanley, Lexie
Numbots best effort:
- Year1: Ella, Milo, Oliver
- Year 2: Ben G, Maya, Olivia H
Bug Club Awards:
- Year 1: Gracie H, Harry B, Owen, Eva B, Max H, Abbie
- Year 2: Arianne, Edward, Jackson, Elizabeth, Mia
Year R Tours for September 2022
Are you thinking about your child joining us in September 2022? Come and find out more about us at our online and onsite sessions!
Zoom Information Session:
- No need to book! Both Zooms are the same.
- Oct 7th Year R Info Zoom – 5pm Link here
- Nov 15th Year R Info Zoom – 6pm Link here
- Please register here.
- Oct 12th Year R Tour – 6-7pm
- Nov 9th Year R Tour 5-6pm
- Dec 2nd Year R Tour 5-6pm
- Come along to the main entrance and we’ll direct you.
The Costello School Open Evening
FOSM – Support Our School!
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.
- Latest Posts
- Online Forms
- After School Care
- Prayer Points
- Covid Reminders
- Going to be absent?
- Email and Contact Details
- FOSM Summer Fun Day – Today!
- 1st July Newsletter – Summer Fun Day, Transition Day, Staff Changes and more
- FOSM Summer Fun Day – This Saturday – Video with details
- Year 3 – A couple of reminders
- 24th June Newsletter – FOSM update, transition details, Uniform discount and more
- Year 2 – Our Trip- An Adventure we never expected!