A note from Mr Applegate
We’ve had lots going on this week! Our focus on ‘One Kind Word’ and Odd Socks Day has had the children thinking about why we must be kind and understanding that everyone is different and that is good! Thank you to everyone who sent in pictures of your odd sock locations!
Thank you for your generosity today for Children In Need, too. It’s been a fun day all round.
We’re also getting ready for Christmas. It’s lovely to hear the children singing and practicing songs for videos and carol singing – see below.
A huge welcome to Mrs Villeneuve, who joins us as our new Finance Assistant in our office team. And a huge well done to Mrs Barbour, who is our new Site Manager!
Vaccancies at St Mark’s
We are looking for 2 friendly, reliable and enthusiastic people to join our amazing cleaning team.
Hours of work are 3.30pm to 6.30pm Monday to Friday with an hourly rate of £9.25 per hour.
If you would like to apply for the position please email the school office for an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas at St Mark’s!
Instead of our normal carol services inside, we’re doing things a bit differently this year. Come and join for “Carols around the tree” on our KS1 playground. Fingers crossed for the weather!
Each year group will be performing 1 song, and there will be several Christmas songs for everyone to sing together (we’ll provide the words!). Wrap up warm and perhaps wear your Christmas jumper. Join in the magic of Christmas!
Your children will need to be with you throughout the event, apart from the time when they are performing their chosen song.
When and where?
All on the KS1 playground. Enter the school via the side gates as usual.
- Year R & 6 – Tues 7th Dec, 5-6pm
- Year 1 & 5 – Weds 8th Dec, 5-6pm
- Year 2, 3 & 4 – Thurs 9th, 5-6pm
Upcoming Dates for your diary
- Year 6 SATs information evening – Monday 22nd Nov, 5pm, on Google Meet (via Google Classroom)
- Election Day – Friday 3rd Dec
- Carols around the Christmas Tree – Outside on KS1 playground. Year R & 6 – Tues 7th Dec, 5-6pm Year 1 & 5 – Weds 8th Dec, 5-6pm Year 2, 3 & 4 – Thurs 8th, 5-6pm
What’s my child learning this term?
- Y1 Polar Explorers Curriculum Information.pdf
- Y1 Polar Explorers Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y2 Surprising Journeys Curriculum Information.pdf
- Y2 Surprising Journeys Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y3 The Mystery of Metal Curriculum Information.pdf
- Y3 The Mystery of Metal Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y4 River of Life Curriculum Information.pdf
- Y4 River of Life Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y5 Globe Trotting Curriculum Information.pdf
- Y5 Globe Trotting Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y6 Keep Calm and Carry On Curriculum Information.pdf
- Y6 Keep Calm and Carry On Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year R newsletter Autumn 2 2021.pdf
Basingstoke and Deane Inclusion and Diversity Partnership
St Mark’s is part of a key initiative which aims to promote inclusion and diveristy within our area. It’s a joint venture with schools and organisations within Basingstoke. The images below are from our launch event.
School Car Park
Could we please remind all parents that only parents with permission to use our car park should be parking there for drop-off and pick-up.
If you are coming in for Breakfast Club, you can use the car park too.
Since the barrier was damaged, we have noticed a huge increase in cars using the car park every day, which is causing congestion and difficulty for staff to park.
We really appreciate your co-operation and understanding to avoid using the school car park and parking at the community centre instead.
For those who do need to use the car park, please avoid parking in the spaces next to Dandelions Pre-School, as these are reserved for Dandelions staff.
Please see the message below from the School Age Immunisation Team
The E-Consent programme for your school is now closed, but will reopen the day after the flu immunisation session. Any parent/carer who still wishes to consent for flu immunisation will be able to do so then and book onto a local clinic. Please ensure that you have the school code from the original email to add to the school field on the form.
Once you have completed the form and received the confirmation email, please go to:
You will be able to select a clinic, date and time. You will need your booking reference to book a clinic appointment, if this is not on your confirmation email, please email your child’s name, date of birth and school to email@example.com and we can provide this.
Please note our school code is SH131450
Well done to:
Year R: Charlie B, Caleb, Dominic
Year 1: Gracie H, Prannav, Zoe
Year 2: Noah K, Bailey, Elodie
Year 3: Isabelle Ru, Ava, Keya
Year 4: Harry S, Keegan, Imogen
Year 5 : Amelia S, Cara, Isaac
- Year 6: Thomas, Aidan, Alex
Numbots best effort:
Most improved accuracy
- Year1: Enrique, Ollie, Charlie G
- Year 2:
Star Reader Awards:
- Year 1: Thompson, Lucas, Ayla
- Year 2: Daisy Bro, Mia, Robyn
- Year 3: Navlyn, Liam, Freyja
- Year 4: George P, Ethan, Theodore
- Year 5: AJ, Mikey Eleanor
- Year 6: Ruby, Issac, David
Year R Tours for September 2022
Are you thinking about your child joining us in September 2022? Come and find out more about us at our onsite tour!
- Please register here.
- Dec 2nd Year R Tour 5-6pm
- Come along to the main entrance and we’ll direct you.
🎵 Music of the Week 🎵
Chopin was a polish composer in the romantic period. All of his compositions involve the piano.
Hire our facilities!
We’re opening up again, so why not hire our hall, field or facilities for a birthday party, fitness class or training event? Click here to find out more.
Learn about The Bristol Bus Riots
FOSM – Support Our School!
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.
- Latest Posts
- Online Forms
- After School Care
- Prayer Points
- Covid Reminders
- Going to be absent?
- Email and Contact Details
- 3rd December Newsletter – Details about Carols around the tree, elections, and more!
- Sports Centre Takeover
- 26th November Newsletter – Baby news, Survey results, Christmas dates, Simba’s teaching and more!
- Year 6 SATs Presentation
- 19th November Newsletter – Odd Socks, Christmas, Vacancies and more!
- Year 2 Surprising Journeys