We have all thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and your children properly over the last week and beginning to get to know you. We really appreciate you giving us such a warm welcome into your homes, so thank you from us all in Year R.
The children have all been amazing as they’ve come into school; they’ve shown such resilience and risk taking in the face of their new adventure and lots of curiosity as they’ve met new classmates and explored their new classrooms and outside learning areas. Everyone’s gone home smiling!
As we explained on our home visits we will post a half termly newsletter during the first week of each half term. These newsletters will give you an overview of what we will be teaching your child during the half term so you can support them with their learning at home.
This term we will spend the first three weeks focussing on settling the children into school before beginning our Phonics and Maths teaching.
During this period we will be:
- building supportive and trusting relationships with your child.
- supporting your child to form new relationships with their classmates.
- building up our daily routines gradually to ensure they are embedded and understood.
- building your child’s independence in completing daily routines.
- introducing new areas of the school gradually so all the children feel safe and secure.
- playing games and completing activities with the children to find out more about their individual starting points before their learning journey with us begins.
You can click on the link below to read this term’s newsletter.
Year R newsletter Autumn 1 2022
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Mrs Baird, Mrs Hearn and Mrs Rushton