This week’s top news & reminders
- Have you completed our parent survey yet? We value your feedback! It closes Friday 28th October and only takes a couple of minutes? Click here to start survey. The class to have every child complete it by then will win a prize! Don’t forget to complete one for each child. Thank you!
- See PE days for Autumn 2 below – look for the orange box.
- Interested in being a parent governor? Find out more here. Deadline 31st October.
- Take a moment to read our school poem. Just brilliant :)
- Thank you so much for your generosity at our non-uniform day today. Click here if you’d like to donate online. You gave a huge £687.54 which will go towards our outside area. And thanks to Paul Cartwright for counting it!
- Wishing you all a good half-term break. We’re back to school on Monday 31st October
Friends of St Mark’s (FOSM) PTA
Have you visited and bookmarked our page? Friend’s of St Mark’s page
Here you’ll find more info including who the team are, contact details and news as well as info about nearly new uniforms!
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advent candles are now for sale – first come first served! Order here (and please note that christmas card ordering is closed): Order Here
- Christmas Fayre 3rd Dec – would you like to hold a stall? Please contact us ASAP
- Can any willing volunteers (thank you!) for the 11th Nov school disco get in touch please and let us know what times are you available? Thank you!
- Please also get in touch if you’d like to help for a future event so we can update our lists
Upcoming FOSM events:
- Fri 11th Nov – School Disco KS1 5.45pm, KS2 6-7pm
- Thur 1st Dec – Non-School Uniform (tombola donations)
- Sat 3rd Dec – Christmas Fayre 12-3pm
The pumkin party is being run by the Parish of Basingstoke Down and being held in the main school hall.
All attending members need to book a ticket here: Book Tickets
School Events, Lunches, and Clubs
Upcoming events and trips
- Half-term: Mon 24th October – Fri 28th October
- FOSM School Disco! Fri 11th November
- Red Nose Day – remain in school uniform though!
- Flu vaccinations in school – Wed 30th November
- FOSM Non-School uniform – Thurs 1st Dec
- FOSM Christmas Fayre – Sat 3rd December
Year Group Events
Residential trip: Wed 14th – Fri 16th June 2023
- Winchester Science Museum Trip: Thurs 20th October
Academic year dates
Inset Days – Tuesday 3rd January 2023, Friday 31st March 2023, Monday 5th June 2023
Term dates for 2022-2023 – Click here for more info
Status: back after half-term as usual
Dates for clubs are from: w/c 26th September and run until (& inc) w/c 28th November
Status: Updates for after half-term are below. Days are unchanged!
Children can wear PE kit to school on the days they have PE. When children have gym, please can they bring or wear shorts underneath.
- Year R – Mondays (dance) and Fridays (outdoor)
- Year 1 – Wednesdays (outdoor) and Fridays (outdoor)
- Year 2 – Mondays (outdoor) and Wednesdays (gym)
- Year 3 – Tuesdays (outdoor) and Fridays (outdoor)
- Year 4 – Wednesdays (outdoor) and Thursdays (gym)
- Year 5 – Tuesdays (outdoor) and Thursdays (outdoor)
- Year 6 – Tuesdays (outdoor) and Fridays (gym)
Status: running as usual after half-term
w/c 31st Oct: Week 3
A note regarding portions!
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
Puffins – Ruby, Parrots – Amelia, Penguins – Olivia
1P – Esme, 1M – Sienna, 1CL – Max
2B – Luke, 2G – Elliana, 2BB – Kylara
3C – Jamie , 3T – Emilia, 3SB – Elise
4W – Jack, 4S – Brogan, 4PR – Jai
5SP – Owen, 5DS – Abigail, 5F – Sebastian
6P – Lucas, 6B – Amelia , 6C – Samuel & Aidan!
Star Reader Awards:
1P – Conor, 1M – Laura , 1CL – Evie
2B – Harrison, 2G – Noah, 2BB – Finley
3C – Jackson, 3T – Jenson, 3SB – Alfie
4W – Freyja, 4S – Thomas, 4PR – Dollie
5SP – George, 5DS – Edward, 5F – Ethan
6P – Emily, 6B – Harry , 6C – Charlie
3SB – Maya, 3T – Benjamin, 3C – Reuben
4PR – Lucas , 4W – Freyja , 4S – Olivia
5SP – Rhoda, 5DS – Elizabeth & Kristina, 5F – Olivia
6P – Isla, 6B – Elsie, 6C – Alastair
Most active class in each year group:
Year 3: 3SB
Year 4: 4S & 4W
Year 5: 5F
Year 6: 6B
NumBots best effort:
Year 1: Ezra (1CL), Isaac (1M), Edward (1M)
Year 2: Marco (2BB), Cooper (2G), Reeva (2G)
Music of the week!
Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921)
Saint-Saens was a French composer. Danse Macabre means Dance of Death. Can you hear the harp at the beginning of the piece of music playing a single note 12 times? This is to represent midnight.
Supporting Online Safety at Home: A Webinar for Parents and Carers of Primary Aged Pupils
Support a local show and Mrs Boyle!
Did you know that Mrs Boyle is helping back-stage at this show? She has made many of the props and you will even find 3SB chairs there too! Tickets are available now for shows this weekend! Book your tickets here: https://www.anvilarts.org.uk/whats-on/event/baos-seussical
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.
Please visit our website page here too! Friend’s Of St Mark’s Page