This week’s top news & reminders
- Christmas Performance tickets. Firstly a big thank you goes to Pam Ruffles for her hard-work behind the scenes working on ticket allocation – a big task and much appreciated! All requests for tickets have now been sent by email. Please check your junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and contact us if you have not received your ticket(s). You may have received multiple ticket emails if you requested additional tickets. All of these will be valid and provide your total ticket allocations. If you have spares that you don’t need please let us know.
- KS2 only: Have you let us know whether your child can attend their evening performances? Please complete it if you haven’t already: my child will be/won’t be attending
- We have a few tickets left! Please complete the form again to request extra tickets:
- Non-uniform days this week – Tuesday 29th Dec (Year R only) & Thursday 1st Dec (Years 1-6). Please see our FOSM section for details of what you can bring for a tombola donation if you’d like to contribute
- Flu vaccinations reminder – the school nursing team are giving vaccinations on Wednesday 30th Nov. They will only vaccinate children that have completed the form (deadline is Friday 25th midnight). If your child is unwell in the week leading up please let the school nursing team know on 01962 831111 or here
- Spring term After School Clubs – thank you to those that have applied for a club. We are in the process of allocating places and confirmation emails will be sent out this coming week. We will let you know if any clubs still have availability.
Year R outdoor space update
Just look at our new and improved Year R space! We’ve got a bit more work to do, but the children should hopefully be using it before Christmas. Thank you so much to….
- to FOSM for helping to fund it, and parents for donating
- the many volunteers that have helped make this happen
- onsite Outdoor Facilitator, Mr Calver
- our Site Manager, Mrs Barbour
- and anyone else who has pitched in to help!
School Dates, Lunches, and Clubs
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
Puffins – Thomas, Parrots – Luca, Penguins – Léa
1P – Jack, 1M – Jude, 1CL – Jennifer
2B –Alvaro, 2G – Maxwell, 2BB – Finley
3C – Mia, 3T – Noah, 3SB – Emily
4W – Emily, 4S – Jasper, 4PR – Thea
5SP – Kody, 5DS – Elliott, 5F – Alfie
6P – Tom, 6B – Mikey, 6C – Ava
Star Reader Awards:
1P – Gabriel, 1M – Albie, 1CL – Jessica
2B – Amaira, 2G – Eva, 2BB – Theo
3C – Liam, 3T – Leo, 3SB – Armaan
4W – Dexter, 4S – Chloe, 4PR – Jai
5SP – Charlotte, 5DS – Bethany, 5F – Imogen
6P – Irebami, 6B – Amelia, 6C – Owen
3C – Jackson, 3T – Jenson, 3SB – Benjamin
4W – Angelina, 4S – Lottie, 4PR – Isabelle
5SP – Seth, 5DS – Elizabeth, 5F – Chloe
6P – Irebami, 6B – George, 6C – Charlie
Most active class in each year group:
Year 3: 3SB
Year 4: 4W
Year 5: 5F
Year 6: 6P & 6C
NumBots best effort:
Year 1: Esme A (1CL), Ivy (1CL), Alfie C (1P)
Year 2: Isabelle (2G), Max H (2B), Gracie S (2B)
Music of the week!
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky (1840 – 1893)
Tchaikovsky was a Russian composer of the Romantic period. Lots of his music has been used in ballets. This piece of music is from The Nutcracker which is all about a nutcracker that comes alive on Christmas Eve.