Welcome to Year 1
Daily Time Fillers
- You can access our general resources to support your child at home here: Y1 General Resources
- Read or share a book. This can be their school reading book, an e-book or a book from home. Alternatively, you might like to read an e-book from Oxford Owl or Collins Big Cat
- Read Write Inc speed sound videos. We suggest either Set 2 or Set 3 sounds. Find the link here: RWI Phonics
- Use phonicsplay or phonicsbloom: Obb and Bob PhonicsPlay /Phonics Bloom link
- Practise counting from 0-100 (forwards and backwards) or in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s. Can you say the number one more or one less than any number to 100?
- Numbots (login is in the back of your green reading log)
- Sing a number bonds song or use Hit the Button (number bonds to 10 or 20): Hit the Button link
- Spelling and keywords: read and practise writing your spellings and keywords. Can you write sentences using the words? Find all 300 key words here: Key Words
- Worship – School worships at home – every Friday
You can find lots of learning resources that we have collated on the Educating Home Page. Click here to be redirected.
Please remember to do your very best work. Handwriting and presentation are as important at home as they are in school. You can complete your work in a book. in your homework book (if you have it at home) or if you need lined or squared paper you can get it here.
Note for parents:
* Hopefully your children will enjoy working through these activities and can do them independently or with some support.
* We completely understand it may be difficult to complete all these tasks due to other family commitments or you are working from home, so please do not worry; complete what you can with your child.
* The work we have set should take about 1.5-2 hours maximum spread throughout the day.
* Please note the ongoing activities are optional and could be completed once a week or more depending on time.
You can contact us between 9am and 4pm Monday – Friday on our class email address where we can help answer your queries or look forward to seeing your work.
Watch our videos here!