Jan 8th Newsletter – Complete another (quick!) form, and various updates
- Please complete this form asap to win your child’s teacher an Amazon voucher! (5T and 1J winning as of Friday evening, but there is still time to get your teacher to win!)
- We’re really grateful for everyone’s support and efforts this week – thank you.
- A few reminders about ensuring great behaviour online
- Remember to wrap up warm – school is cold to allow good ventilation!!
- Do you need help with internet access (mobile wifi) or laptops? Email us here. We can also apply to increase your mobile data limits, but only if required.
- Be aware that if further key workers request a place in school for their child, they may not be in a different class as some are at a maximum number.
- SCL After School Club can be booked here.
- Have you got any outstanding FOSM money from Simba’s Fundraiser to the north pole? Please can you email us here to let us know, and we can then give a grand total. It’s an amazing amount, but we knw a few parents weren’t able to hand the money in! Thank you.
- If your child (whether at home or school) is showing symptoms or tests postive, please let us know at the covid email address.
A note from Mr Applegate
What a difference a week makes! Read some key reminders from a post earlier in the week here.
I’m reminded that whilst in March 2020, the National Curriculum was suspended and so schools didn’t have to offer education (we still did). However, this lockdown, the NC is compulsory, schools are still expected to offer it (we are), and children are expected to learn as though they were all still at school. This is why we are further improving our online offer, building on what we already had. And THANK YOU for your support of our staff team this week as we’ve tried to turnaround our school overnight.
As before, please let us know if you are in need, and we will do what we can to help. We have a team who are here to support you. We’re in this together.
Finally – I am yet again grateful and proud of our staff team at St Mark’s. I could not ask to work with a kinder, more dedicated group of adults who really want to make our children’s experience top notch in these very challenging times. We all experience anxiety to different degrees, but they continue to be simply remarkable.
Best wishes, Charles.
Google Classroom / Meets Etiquette
- Please make sure locations are appropriate if your child is on a Google Meet. (eg not in bed). Be conscious of what’s going on in the background, too.
- Children should be dressed appropriately (eg not in pyjamas).
- Children should only be typing in the chat when invited to by the staff, and not ‘chatting with friends’ – especially during lessons.
Application for Year R places 2021
Please note if your child is due to start school in September 2021, the deadline for your application is midnight on 15th January.
We are looking for a friendly, reliable and enthusiastic person to join our amazing cleaning team.
Hours of work are 3.30pm to 6.30pm Monday to Friday with an hourly rate of £9.25 per hour.
If you would like to apply for the position please email the school office for an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Learners at school and home
Well done to:
- Year R:Owen, Alfie A, Milo, Harry B, Charlie G, Gracie H
- Year 1: Ben G, Riaz, Connie, Claudia, Freya, Amber
- Year 2: Jackson, Toby, Matilda, Navlyn, Lottie N, Edward
- Year 3: Toby, Gabriella, Rebecca, Ayden, Aleiya, Theodore H, Imogen
- Year 4: Bethany W, Colin, Dylan J, Oliver B, Scarlett D, Mark
- Year 5: Kai, Cameron, Izzy D, Millie, Zach H, Nathan
- Year 6: Rylan, Toby, Oliver, Jonathan, Jeevan, Milen
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more.
- Use the email email@example.com if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Do you have a spare laptop you don’t need?
Do you have a laptop lying around, which we can use to support children at home? Doesn’t need to be new or quick. We blitz it, and install all the software necessary. That way a child who doesn’t have access to a laptop for home learning can really benefit. If you can help, please email the office.
What is your child learning this term?
Read the following for your child’s year group to find out more! It includes information about homework, reading, general expectations and more. The Knowledge Organiser helps you to know the knowledge the children should be learning for their project. Test them and see how they are getting on!
- Year 1 Polar Explorers Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 1 Polar Explorers Topic web.pdf
- Year 2 Surprising Journeys Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 2 Surprising Journeys Topic Web.pdf
- Year 3 - The Mystery of Metals Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 3 - The Mystery of Metals Topic Web.pdf
- Year 4 - There's no place like home knowledge organiser.pdf
- Year 4 - There's no place like home topic web.pdf
- Year 5 - Globe Trotting Around North America Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 5 - Globe Trotting Around North America Topic Web.pdf
- Year 6 Keep Calm and Carry On Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 6 Keep Calm and Carry Topic Web.pdf
- YearR newsletter Autumn 2 2020.pdf
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school