A note from Mr Applegate
I hope you’ve had a good week, despite the weather! The children have coped remarkedly well, and continue to work hard day in, day out. I genuinely am so proud of them, and of course the hard work and effort of every member of staff.
When I was growing up, we had a poem on our wall. The words have always stuck with me. I’ve been thinking about it recently, and have included it here. “Children learn what they live” encourages us (parents/carers/staff/relatives etc) to model and show the attitudes and values that we want our children learn. It’s about the environment they live in. As a parent, I feel like I often get it wrong. “Hurry up, we’re going to be late!” or “Why on earth did you do that?” or “Now we have to clean the mess up!” However, each day is a new day. We pick ourselves up, reflect, and try again to model to our children the best we can be. We want to make their environment one where they learn the values and attitudes which we value. Ie they learn what they live. The poem reflects how we try to operate at St Mark’s. We don’t always get it right, but it’s our aim.
A massive thank you for your generosity in our Bags2School collection. A total of 1516kg was brought in, giving the school £454.80! Thank you.
As mentioned before, we are running a ‘Sports Week’ on 23rd-25th June. Whilst we can’t invite parent along, the children will be taking part in activities in their bubble.
Don’t forget – INSET day on 7th June!
Have a brilliant weekend, Mr Applegate
SCL INSET DAY Club
SCL will be running an INSET day club on Monday 7th June. Details will be out next week, but we wanted to give you the heads up!
This weeks lottery winner is Ms M
How it works:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on “AmazonSmile” within Programmes & Features
3. Select Friends Of St Mark’S, Hatch Warren as your charity
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app
Parents’ Evening Bookings
See the letter sent home for bookings, which are now open. Appointments will be online, lasting 10 minutes. Please contact the office if you haven’t received the letter.
- Wednesday 26th May 4.30-6.30pm
Nearly New Uniform Sale Saturday 22nd May
FOSM have kindly arranged a nearly new uniform sale to be held at one of their houses on Saturday 22nd May. The sale will be held 12-4pm at 3 Canterbury Close, RG22 4PW.
Let your little one roar with Dandelions Preschool. We are a purpose built, Ofsted rated “Good”community preschool, based in the heart of Hatch Warren and Beggarwood. We have limited spaces left for September 2021 starts, please contact us on 01256 818857 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a playdate and visit or for any enquiries. We look forward to meeting you.
Well done to:
- Year R: Alfie J, Max T, Harper
- Year 1: Kayla, Ellie, Mason
- Year 2: Keya, Effie, Aaron
- Year 3: Charlie E, Max A, Henry
- Year 4: Aaliyah, Eunice, Amelia
- Year 5: Charlie L, Chelsea, Thomas
- Year 6: Oscar P, Joby, Evie (6S)
Rock Stars & Numbots
Rock Stars best effort:
Numbots best effort:
Does your child need after school care?
Year 5 Taster and Open Days
The following schools are planning to hold Taster Days for Year 5 pupils:
- Brighton Hill School: Friday 9th July Tel: 01256 350606
- Aldworth School: Thursday 8th July Tel: 01256 322691
- Cranbourne School: Thursday 8th July Tel: 01256 868600
- Henry Beaufort School: will be holding their Taster Day online this year. Tel: 01962 880073
- Perins School: Open Mornings Thursday 8th & Friday 9th July 8.45am-10.30am. Open evening Thursday 9th July 5pm-7pm Tel: 01962 734361
Please note all dates may be subject to change. Please contact the individual schools for further information.
Year 6 Transitions Days
We have been given the following dates for the Year 6 transition days:
- Brighton Hill School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Aldworth School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Cranbourne School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Henry Beaufort School: Wednesday 7th & Thursday 8th July
- Perins School: TBC
- Bishop Challoner School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
Dresses and Messes – Customised items, and raising money for FOSM
See a wide range of items available, which can be personalised as you wish. All profits go to St Mark’s. Enjoy!
How to talk to your child about online safety
Click here for helpful videos from the NSPCC:
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more.
SCL After-school care & half term childcare
Click here for regular after school care at St Mark’s.
- Use the email email@example.com if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- Read this letter from Public Health England about symptoms and testing.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Monday 7th June 2021
Thursday 2nd September 2021
Friday 3rd September 2021 (term starts 6th Sept)
Tuesday 4th January 2022
Friday 8th April 2022
Monday 6th June 2022
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school
Recent Posts – have you missed anything?
- Year 5 Request for Art
- Rev May
- An explosive start to the Summer term for Year 4!
- 23rd April Newsletter – Car Wash Tomorrow, Parents’ Evenings, Taster Days and more
- Year R: People who help us
- Welcome Back Year 5!
Support our school whilst you shop!
Going to be absent?
We’ve moved our absence request form online. This is for absence requests such as holidays, weddings, funeral, special events, and more. You don’t need to use this form for sickness or self-isolation (but please email/phone the office if they are unwell).
Email and Contact Details