- Car Wash tomorrow! Details below :)
- What a lovely week – just great weather, and just great children.
- We enjoyed EarthDay on Thursday – the children learned about what we can all do to play our part in looking after our world.
- Knowledge Organisers and Project Newsletters will be coming out soon, if they haven’t already. See the year group website posts.
- Don’t forget about BugClub! A great resource to supplement home reading. If you are unsure of your child’s login, please let us know.
Have a GREAT weekend! Mr Applegate
FOSM Car Wash
Car Wash – Saturday 24th April – FOSM and Staff will be washing your vehicles!! Great service, great job, every time.
- Standard car – £5
- Estate or SUV/MPV – £8
- Van – £10
- KS1 – 10:00-11:30
- KS2 – 11:30-1pm
- Have children in both? come anytime!
Year 5 Taster and Open Days
The following schools are planning to hold Taster Days for Year 5 pupils:
- Brighton Hill School: Friday 9th July Tel: 01256 350606
- Aldworth School: Thursday 8th July Tel: 01256 322691
- Cranbourne School: Thursday 8th July Tel: 01256 868600
- Henry Beaufort School: will be holding their Taster Day online this year. Tel: 01962 880073
- Perins School: Open Mornings Thursday 8th & Friday 9th July 8.45am-10.30am. Open evening Thursday 9th July 5pm-7pm Tel: 01962 734361
Please note all dates may be subject to change. Please contact the individual schools for further information.
Year 6 Transitions Days
We have been given the following dates for the Year 6 transition days:
- Brighton Hill School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Aldworth School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Cranbourne School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Henry Beaufort School: Wednesday 7th & Thursday 8th July
- Perins School: TBC
- Bishop Challoner School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
Applications for your child to continue, discontinue or begin learning an instrument next year are due today. If you have not already done so, please complete the following Google Form ASAP, especially if your child is currently learning an instrument. Please note, these applications are only for children who are currently in Years 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Well done to the following children for their hard work on Rock Stars this week:
- Year 3 – Manuel P, Harry B, Elizabeth B, Lucas S, Chloe M
- Year 4 – Isla B, Irebami A. Colin A, Liam J, Ano M
- Year 5 – Ethan A
- Year 6 – Andrew C, Harri O
Well done to:
- Year R: Harvey, Joey & Gracie S
- Year 1: George, Stanley, Evie
- Year 2: Charlotte, Daniel, Ethan
- Year 3: Vince, Renee, Daniel
- Year 4: Chloe G, Noah W, Finley
- Year 5: Elliot, Ben M, Sophie
- Year 6: Lauren, Toby, Bradley
Bags2School – have a clear out and raise funds!
Drop off 3:30 – 5pm in the school car park on Thursday 20th May.
Dresses and Messes – Customised items, and raising money for FOSM
See a wide range of items available, which can be personalised as you wish. All profits go to St Mark’s. Enjoy!
How to talk to your child about online safety
Click here for helpful videos from the NSPCC:
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more.
- Use the email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- Read this letter from Public Health England about symptoms and testing.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Monday 7th June 2021
Thursday 2nd September 2021
Friday 3rd September 2021 (term starts 6th Sept)
Tuesday 4th January 2022
Friday 8th April 2022
Monday 6th June 2022
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school