A note from Mr Applegate
- Find out about our school bag offer here.
- Ever wondered how we teach times tables, what your child should be able to do by when, and what a diamond award is? Find out here.
- Thank you for raising £806.64 on our recent Christmas fund-raising activities and party day!
- The children have been amazing this week – and we’ve noticed they’ve grown in so many ways :)
- Did you miss our Covid update, covered in our ‘Return to school’ post on Monday?
- It’s Mrs Smith’s last day on Friday 14th January. Why not email the office to send her best wishes?
- Have a great weekend! Mr Applegate
Census Day for KS1 School Dinners
On Thursday 20th January, it’s Census Day for all KS1 children who are entitled to Universal Free School Meals (all children in Years R, 1 and 2).
The amount of funding we receive as a school, depends on how many dinners are ordered on that day.
Could you please encourage your child in Year R-Year 2 to order a school dinner on this day. The menu options have been changed to:
Red: Fish & Chips
Changes in PE days for Spring Term
- Monday – Year 6
- Tuesday – Year 1 and Year 5
- Wednesday – Year 4
- Thursday – Year R
- Friday – Year 2 and Year 3
Second Hand Uniform from FOSM
If you need to order any school uniform, please contact FOSM direct at: email@example.com
Vacancies at St Mark’s
We are looking for 2 friendly, reliable and enthusiastic people to join our amazing cleaning team.
Hours of work are 3.30pm to 6.30pm Monday to Friday with an hourly rate of £9.25 per hour.
If you would like to apply for the position please email the school office for an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org
Breakfast Club Vacancy
Star Learner Awards:
- Year R: Isaac, Anneliese, Sadie
- Year 1: Theo M, Jessica, Milo
- Year 2: Arianne, Elijah, Florence
- Year 3: Lottie N, Jack W, Cameron
- Year 4: Ruby, Renee, Peter
- Year 5: Mofi, George, Trinity, Owen
- Year 6: Joe H, Adam, Beth
- Year 3: Evie
- Year 4: Jack Daw
- Year 5: Kalel
- Year 6: Brody
Most active class in each year group:
- Year 3: 3C
- Year 4: 4H
- Year 5: 5SP
- Year 6: 6S
- Year1: Kylara, Harrison, Luke
- Year 2: Avani, Claudia, Amaya
Star Reader Awards:
- Year 1: Owen, Marco, Evan
- Year 2: Ben G, Mimi, Sammy
- Year 3: Zach, Jai, Thomas H
- Year 4: Max B, Lucas, Ella
- Year 5: Finley, Leighton, Sean
- Year 6: Charlotte, Lottie B, Hollie
Music of the week!
Vivaldi was an Italian baroque composer. The Four Seasons Suite is one of his most recognisable pieces of work that give character to the 4 seasons of the year.
In worship this week…
FOSM – Support Our School!
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.