This week’s top news & reminders
- It’s Christmas Fayre time! We are really looking forward to seeing you and your family this Saturday 3rd December 12-3pm! More details in our FOSM section below.
As well as building community and celebrating Christmas together, the fayre is one of our main fundraising projects, all of which will be going to support our outside projects. Thank you in advance for your generosity and support.
And of course a huge thanks to our FOSM team for the hard work they have put in!
- Need to know
- Although you’ll be able to use a card on most things, some may only accept cash, so best bring some with you
- A reminder that the car park will be closed. Please walk if possible or park elsewhere responsibly. The car park will be hosting burgers, chips, coffee and a bar!
- TOKENS: Games and Activities will accept cash and tokens. You can use your card to buy tokens from the FOSM stall. (You can use leftover tokens from the summer fun day too!)
- Key locations and timings
- In the main reception area, you’ll find the Tombola, FOSM Shop, and Raffle, and also be able to buy tokens from the FOSM stall.
- Refreshments will be in the church (including hots drinks and cakes)
- Raffle winners announced at 2.30pm (main hall)
- The main hall features over 10 external stalls, 15 Games and 4 fun activities, include decorate a ginger bread person and Christmas themed selfie wall with Balloons!
- School choir performing in the main hall stage at 12.30pm (KS1) and 1.30pm (KS2) (see below for more choir info)
- Don’t forget to book your Santa’s Grotto tickets!
- For anyone visiting Santa’s Grotto in the first slot (12-12:15) please try to arrive for 11:50 and use the door directly into the hall, up the ramp.
- Thank you for the generous donations towards the tombola!
- Need to know
- Christmas Lunch Day – Thursday 15th December. Children may wear Christmas Jumpers on this day (on top of usual school uniform please) or decorate your school jumper! NO NEED TO BUY A NEW JUMPER!
- Year R have now finished their nativity performances. They have been fantastic performing to their first audiences and we are so incredibly proud of them!
- You raised a total of £230.68 for Children in Need – thank you!
School Dates, Lunches, and Clubs
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
Puffins – Liam, Parrots – Oliver, Penguins – Lucas
1P – Evie, 1M – Archie, 1CL – Ishan
2B – Isla, 2G – , 2BB – Holly
3C – , 3T – Riaz, 3SB – Claudia
4W – Abi, 4S – Daniel, 4PR – Mia
5SP – Daniel, 5DS – Theo, 5F – Leo
6P – Isla, 6B – Amelia, 6C – Aarav
Star Reader Awards:
1P – Lena, 1M – Arlo, 1CL – Harley
2B – Yousha, 2G – , 2BB – Vinelle
3C – , 3T – Dylan, 3SB – Tilly
4W – Beatrice, 4S – Effie, 4PR – Finley
5SP – Josh, 5DS – Annabelle, 5F – Henry
6P – Chloe, 6B – Bethany, 6C – Zion
3C – Jackson, 3T – Jenson, 3SB – Benjamin
4W – Joshua, 4S – Lottie, 4PR – Isabelle
5SP – Seth, 5DS – Elizabeth, 5F – Leo
6P – Oliver, 6B – Mikey, 6C – Alastair
Most active class in each year group:
Year 3: 3SB
Year 4: 4W
Year 5: 5F & 5SP
Year 6: 6B
NumBots best effort:
Year 1: Maddi L (1M), Lily (1CL), Caleb (1M)
Year 2: Callie (2G), Alfie P (2G), Gracie H (2BB)
Music of the week!
Troika by Sergei Prokofiev (1891 – 1953)
Prokofiev was a Russian composer and pianist. He died in 1953 and is one of the most famous composers of the 20th century.