We want to say a huge welcome to your family from St Mark’s! If you are joining us for the first time or are already part of the school community, we hope you feel welcomed, informed and part of our school soon. Need to contact the Year R team with a question? Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do you need to do?
- Read this page with information about pre-summer and September arrangements!
Update 3rd September
- Read this page for final details!
Update 16th July
- Read here for inforamtion about general arrangements for September 2021 (re covid implications/changes)
Update 8th July
Please see this poster about our PTA called FOSM (Friends of St Mark’s). Can you help us raise money for your child’s school?!
Update 3rd July
- Today, we’ve emailed out the home visit appointment dates and times for September. If you’ve not received it, please check your spam/junk folder first, and if not, let the office know. Thank you!
Update 19th June
- For children in Parrots class in September, please check your email for an update about class teachers. Check spam/junk too!
- Please see this letter and this poster from the NHS School Nursing Service.
Update 18th June
- See email sent home today with class information, cancelled Teddy Bear picnic, Zoom meeting and home visit booking link
- Not received the email? Please check your junk email and then contact us. Thanks.
Update 7th June – Helpful Resources and reminders
- Don’t forget about the two Zoom Meetings coming up – see details here.
- New to Tapestry? Read about this online tool for Android and iOS. Some help videos are here.
- Enjoy storytime with Mrs Rushton, Mrs Baird, Mrs Mitchell and Mrs Hearn!
- Watch Mrs Alsey read ‘Boris the Robot’ here!
Update – 19th May – “Preparing for School” Homestart Course
- Please note that this course is now full! If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please email us here.
- Sign-up for a brilliant online course run by Homestart
- Called “Preparing for School”, the zoom-based course helps you to prepare your child to get ready for school.
- The topics covered over the 4 meetings include name recognition, sharing, routines, mark making, getting dressed, and physical activity.
- There is space for 12 families – First come first served!
- Each meeting will be on Zoom
- Each meeting will last about 45 minutes
- Each meeting is on a Monday, starting at 1:30pm
- Starting 14th June for 4 sessions(14th, 21st, 28th June, 5th July)
- Closing date is 1st June
- Children don’t need to attend
- You’ll receive a free pack of resources and activities which are explained and used on the course.
- The course is free
Update – 12th May – Summer and September Arrangements
- Click here for arrangements for summer and September!
Update – 20th April
Need to contact the Year R team with a question? – Email them at email@example.com
Update – 16th April
- See ‘What do I need to do?’ section above.
- Please click on this link to find out about free school meals for all KS1 children https://documents.hants.gov.uk/HC3S/YearR-new-starter-guide.pdf
The following actions were added in April. You do not need to do the following actions again if you have already done them:
- Complete our information collection form here by Friday 30th April please. This is very important!
- We’ll need to see proof of address and ID. Please send a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport and utility bill to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will your child need breakfast club? It’s from 8am or 8:20am, and places may be limited. Email the office if you feel this might be helpful.
- Will your child need after school care? Two options! 1) SCL, run at school, no need to book in advance – details here! 2) Hatch Warren Community Centre After School Care – details here.
- Need to let us anything? Contact us! But don’t come in (due to covid restrictions!). Thanks.
- Keep an eye on updates below!
Videos of St Mark’s
Meet the teachers, visit the classrooms, listen to stories, and find out about starting at St Mark’s through watching these videos!
Photos of St Mark’s