A note from Mr Applegate
- Urgent – Please complete the September Friendship Classes form by Tuesday 21st June if you haven’t done so! (not for Year 6)
- Well done to our Year 6 pupils and staff, who have been on their Y6 residential week last week. They’ve been kind, polite and respectuful, as well as courageous in their activities. A special thanks to the staff and volunteers who made it possible.
- It’s a VERY busy few weeks coming up, with only 24 school days left and so much to fit in.
Update on our Fundraising!
A massive thank you for growing £420 into £7,428.67 through our grow a 70p campaign! Just amazing! Please do send any left-over amounts in asap. Well done 2BT for a 100% return rate!
We’ve had 2 offers of match funding, and if there are any more, that would be great! Just email us.
We have our 2nd workshop on Monday to help develop our outside areas, and will let you know the outcomes as soon as we do.
What’s your child learning this term?
- Y1 Flower Power Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y1 Flower Power Project Information.pdf
- Y2 Oh the places you'll go Knowledge Organiser .pdf
- Y2 Oh the places you'll go Project Information.pdf
- Y3 Beneath the Shadows Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y3 Beneath the Shadows Project Information.pdf
- Y4 Uneathing Angle-land Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y4 Uneathing Angle-land Project Information.pdf
- Y5 Vikings Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y5 Vikings Project Information.pdf
- Year R newsletter Summer 2 2022.pdf
(Year 6 to come!)
Dates for your diary
- Year R Bucklebury Farm Park: 23rd June
- Year 2 Hillier Gardens: 24th June
- Transition Day: 1st July
- Year 5 Taster Day at Brighton Hill School: 7th July
- Year 3 Seacity Trip: 8th July
- Year 4 New Barn Field Centre Residential: 11th-13th July
- Year 5 Ufton Court: 14th July
- Week of the 27th June, with workshops for Years 5 &6 on 27th, 28th June
FOSM Summer Fun Day – Sat 2nd July
Inset Days – Thursday 1st September, Friday 2nd September, Tuesday 3rd January 2023, Friday 31st March 2023, Monday 5th June 2023
Brighton Hill Community School
Well done to Theo in Year 4 who auditioned for BATS (Basingstoke Amateur Theatrical Society), and has gained a leading part.
Foundation Governor Required!
We have a brilliant governing body, and have a vacancy for a foundation governor. Why not join us?
A foundation governor is appointed to the governing body to support the religious character of the school. In church schools, governors are guardians of the vision and Christian ethos, keeping it alive and ensuring that it is implemented.
Being a governor also involves meeting with other governors (12 meetings across the year), meeting with staff a few times across the year, and visiting the school to help us show we are doing all that we need to be doing!
If you are interested in finding out more, please email the office here. Or why not suggest this to someone you think might be interested?!
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
- Year R: Ravi S, Ivy, Arlo
- Year 1: Maxwell, Abbie C, Joey
- Year 2: Reuben, Oliver, Robyn
- Year 3: Edward, Finley, Jack K
- Year 4: Oscar J, Jeff, Naia
- Year 5: Logan, Cai, Benjamin
- Year 6: –
- Year 3: Tomasz, Keya, Benjamin
- Year 4: Harry B, Harry C, Olivia N
- Year 5: Emily, Eunice, Marcus
- Year 6:
Most active class in each year group:
- Year 3: 3T
- Year 4: 4T
- Year 5: 5SP
- Year 6:
- Year 1: Owen S, Konrad H, Abigail M
- Year 2: Lily A, Ruby L, Arthur L
Star Reader Awards:
- Year 1: Phoenix, Daniel N, Finley
- Year 2: Henry Dylan A, Daisy B
- Year 3: Oscar, Brogan, Chloe B
- Year 4: Lewis, Harry Bl
- Year 5: Iremide, Eva, Max
- Year 6:
Music of the week!
Vannesa-Mae is a Singaporean-born British violinist. Her music style is self-described as “violin techno-acoustic fusion”, as several of her albums prominently feature the techno style with the classical style.
New Pupil Council Coming!
We’re establishing an “Equality and Rights Advocates” group, which Miss Tambly will be runnning. Details to come in class!
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.
- Latest Posts
- Online Forms
- After School Care
- Prayer Points
- Covid Reminders
- Going to be absent?
- Email and Contact Details
- FOSM Summer Fun Day – This Saturday – Video with details
- Year 3 – A couple of reminders
- 24th June Newsletter – FOSM update, transition details, Uniform discount and more
- Year 2 – Our Trip- An Adventure we never expected!
- Telephone issues today – Tuesday 21st June
- Arrangements for Dancers at the Anvil on Tuesday and Wednesday