28th April 2023 Newsletter
This week’s top news & reminders
- REMINDER: Monday 1st May and 8th May are bank holidays
- REMINDER: Friday 5th May is our Coronation Day
- Children can dress to impress if they would like to
- You are invited to listen to the children sing on the field (weather permitting) at 2.45pm (gates open 2.35pm)
- A huge thank you for your generous Bags2School donations. We raised a total of £325!
- We are not aware of any teachers who are taking strike action on Tuesday 2nd May. As always, have a plan!
Things to remember for the next school week
|Who?||What to remember?||When?|
|All||Coronation Day lunch choices||ASAP|
|Year R||Bucklebury Farm Trip consent form||by Fri 28th April|
|All||Register for FOSM Family Walk||by Fri 28th April|
|KS2 Choir/Orchestra Children only||Please let us know if they can attend the evening summer concert in July (form here)||by Fri 28th April|
|Year 4||No swimming next week. PE Wed & Thurs||Swimming returns May 15th|
|Year 6||Order your leaver hoodie||by Sun 23rd April|
|Year 4||Residential payment due||by Tues 2nd May|
Upcoming special events in the next 2 weeks
|Event Name||What is required?||When?|
|Coronation Day||Children can “dress to impress” (dresses/smart clothes – no football kits)||Fri 5th May|
St Mark’s School grounds update!
A massive thank you to the Platts family in Year 2 for arranging matching funding through Vodafone. This resulted in £1000 for the school! Does your company do match funding? Could be a real help for us, especially with the summer fair coming up.
Summer Term Learning
- _Year R - Newsletter Summer 1 2023.pdf
- Year 1 - Everything around me Curriculum Information.pdf
- Year 1 - Everything around me Knowledge Organiser Geography.pdf
- Year 1 - Everything around me Knowledge Organiser Science.pdf
- Year 2 - Our Amazing World - Knowledge Organiser- Geography.pdf
- Year 2 - Our Amazing World - Knowledge Organiser- Science.pdf
- Year 2 - Our Amazing World Curriculum Information.pdf
- Year 3 - Nurturing Nature Curriculum Information.pdf
- Year 3 - Nurturing Nature Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 4 - Quivers, Quakes, Eruptions and Shakes Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 4- Quivers, Quakes, Eruptions and Shakes Curriculum Information.pdf
- Year 5 - Black and British Curriculum Information.pdf
- Year 5 - Black and British Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 6 - Shocks and Sparks Knowledge Organiser.pdf
Can you donate a prize for the Summer Fayre Raffle? We’d love to hear from you!
Sponsored Walk Details
A brand new event to highlight the importance of exercise, bring families together and help raise money for the school!
Regular FOSM Information
- Visit our page here: Friend’s of St Mark’s page
- Visit our shop here!
- Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 2 Achievements
Well done to Evan in Year 2, who helped to create this amazing model of the Arc D’Triomphe. Tres Bien!
School Dates, Lunches, and Clubs
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
Puffins – Maisie, Parrots – Ralph, Penguins – Krzysztof
1P – Orla, 1M – Finley, 1CL – Esme
2B – Charlie, 2G – Joshua E, 2BB – Theo M
3C – Liam, 3T – Jenson, 3SB – Arianne
4W – Navlyn, 4S – Max, 4PR – Rebecca
5SP – Noah, 5DS – Finley, 5F – Imogen
6P – Alexis, 6B – Ruby, 6C – Colin
- KS1: 1CL
- KS2: 6P
Star Reader Awards:
Puffins – Austin, Parrots – Ella, Penguins – Harrison
1P – Finn, 1M – Cleo, 1CL – Leo
2B – Jack, 2G – Oliver, 2BB – Owen
3C – Lucia, 3T – Camilla, 3SB – Ava
4W – Nyasha, 4S – Jack, 4PR – Jack T
5SP – Joe, 5DS – Harvey, 5F – Callum
6P – Alfie, 6B – Emilia, 6C – Charlie
3C – Jacob, 3T – Benjamin, 3SB – Connie
4W – Freddie, 4S – Thomas, 4PR – Lucas
5SP – Rhoda, 5DS – Zach, 5F – Chloe Ma
6P – Georgia, 6B – George, 6C – Colin
Bridge – Cameron, Oliver & Jack
Most active class in each year group:
Year 3: 3SB
Year 4: 4S
Year 5: 5SP
Year 6: 6B
NumBots best effort:
Year 1: Aimiee (1M), Mia (1M), Elsie(1CL)
Year 2: Conrad (2B), Max H (2BB) Theo F (2B)
Music of the Week!
Maple Leaf Rag by Scott Joplin
Scott Joplin (c. November 24, 1868 – April 1, 1917) was an African-American composer and pianist. Joplin is also known as the “King of Ragtime” because of the fame achieved for his ragtime compositions, music that was born out of the African-American community.
Photo by Denisse Leon on Unsplash