Important ! St Mark’s Elections!
Children have the opportunity to apply for a school responsbility. Click here for full details, including the online application form.
Applications must be made by Monday 18th September, online, at home.
This week’s top news & reminders
- We’re sending out pupil logins this afternoon for Spelling Shed, Numbots/Rockstars, Oxford Owl and Google. Should be with you by 5pm if not already arrived.
- We’re a bit short on farm bookings at the moment – click here to book. Thanks!
- School bag reminder – In Years R-5, drawstring bags only. You can order from here, or let us know if you need one from school. No big backpacks please, due to space!
- Traffic Incident – a car was damaged in a ‘hit and run’ incident on Danebury Road just up the hill, this morning, around 8:30-8:45am. If you saw anything, please let us know. No children or adults were hurt.
Key Information Sessions
Don’t forget to attend these!
- YR – 14th Sept, 5:45pm, online (zoom link already sent).
- Yrs 1-6 – dates and times on school calendar below. In person at school.
How does reading work?
We use Read Write Inc (RWI) to help children to learn to read. We also have other books for children to take home, too. See the images below which summarise what your child will bring home (will be sorted really soon if not already!). More info here.
What about homework?
Breakfast Club – New Drop-off System
We are aware of congestion issues in our car park in the mornings, and in the hope of easing the problem from Monday 11th September we are going to trial a new ‘drop off’ system for arrivals to breakfast club between 8am and 8.15am each day.
A note from Mr Applegate
We’ve had a great first week back. Thank you so much for your support of St Mark’s and all that we aim to achieve together as a community. It’s been lovely to see our enjoying being back together, looking well, and very smart!
A huge welcome to our new families and pupils, too. Alongside our 90 new Year R children, we had 13 children join us over the summer. I really hope you feel part of our school soon, if you don’t already.
FOSM AGM – Tues 12th Sept, 7:45pm
The AGM involves a yearly report from FOSM. Everyone is welcome – whether you want to join the committee, volunteer at an event this year or just get an insight into how the PTA works. The PTA is made up of volunteers who meet monthly to discuss fundraising projects and vote on spending requests from the school.
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
We celebrate our Star Learners every week. We’ll post them here on Fridays.
⭐ Attendance Updates ⭐
Our target over the year is 97%. Last year’s attendance was 95.8% – above national levels, but we’d like it to be much higher.
Our current attendance percentage is 97.3%. Yes!
Weekly Attendance by Class
School Dates, Lunches, and Clubs
In worship this week…
Music of the Week
Well Tempered Clavier by JS Bach
The word ‘clavier’ in the title refers to the keyboard, or piano. Bach composed music within the Classical era.This recording is by a famous modern day pianist Lang Lang.