This week’s top news & reminders
- Don’t forget to book the school disco (Friday 3rd Feb). Book here!
- Well done to our Year 5&6 children who took part in the Atheletics Tournament at Brighton Hill yesterday. We came in 3rd place out of Basingstoke schools!
- A few events coming up to be aware of: School Council Activity Day (10th Feb), Safer Internet Day (7th Feb), Careers Fair (23/24th Feb). Details below.
Letter from our School Council:
On the 10th February 2023, the school council will be hosting an activity day to raise money for 2 aspects of our school: (1) Our chosen charity, The Mud House Children’s Foundation (2) Costumes for the 57 children representing our school at Dance Live, a national dance competition.
The activity day will consist of several different sporting activities. These are: javelin, running, hula hooping, curling, tri-golf, skipping, tennis keepy-uppies, long jump and hurdles. Each activity costs 50p to do. To do all of them it costs £3 so you get a whopping £1.50 discount! If your child gets top three on the leaderboard,for any activity, they will get a prize (more information to come). Each year group will have its own leaderboard and there will be a time slot for your year group throughout the day. PE kits can be worn all day. You will also get a participation certificate for taking part.
Yours sincerely, St Mark’s School Council
Careers Fair – can you help, or spread the word?
We’re pleased to be running our St Mark’s Careers Fair again in February 2023! We need your help though. Can you run a stall on either 23rd or 24th Feb in the morning? Would your business, charity or organisation help? Do you know someone else who might? Find our details and sign-up here! Thank you.
Agents of Change – “Making the world a better place” – Update
- Thank you for your nominations of children who go above and beyond to make our world a better place. The Agents Of Change badges will be presented on Mondays.
- AoC badges have so far been presented to… Amelia, Rhoda, Chloe, Elodie, Eunice, Elouise, Sophie, Jai, Eli, Seth, Alvaro, Aidan, Avery, Charlotte, Harry, Kylara, Katie, Orla, Darcie, Max, Jad, Joseph, Thomas, Max, Grace, Isobel, Max and Thomas
Thinking about becoming a teacher? Aspire!
Find out more here
School Dates, Lunches, and Clubs
In worship this week…
We looked at the link between being an Agent of Change and Reading. Reading gives you a power-up to being an Agent of Change!
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
Puffins – Leo, Parrots – Charlie, Penguins – Renae
1P – Lena, 1M – Alice, 1CL – Andrew
2B – Charlotte, 2G – Nico, 2BB – Evan
3C – Daisy, 3T – Ruby, 3SB – Edison
4W – Annabelle, 4S – Jack, 4PR – Sophie
5SP – Geroge, 5DS – Manuel, 5F – Eleanor
6P – Scarlett, 6B – Emilia, 6C – Ethan
Star Reader Awards:
Puffins – Romel, Parrots – Theo, Penguins – Zach
1P – Ethan, 1M – Caleb, 1CL – Mia
2B – Theo, 2G – Ollie, 2BB – Abigail
3C – Max, 3T – Lola, 3SB – Edward
4W – Angelina, 4S – Isla, 4PR – Luke
5SP – Ross, 5DS – Marianna, 5F – Zion
6P – Charlie, 6B – Ruby, 6C – Zion
3C – Amber, 3T – Benjamin, 3SB – Karthik
4W – Emily, 4S – Ivy-Rose, 4PR – Finley
5SP – Jas, 5DS – Elizabeth, 5F – Leo
6P – Irebami, 6B – Riker, 6C – Ano
Year 4 – Cameron
Most active class in each year group:
Year 3: 3C
Year 4: 4W
Year 5: 5DS
Year 6: 6P
NumBots best effort:
Year 1: Ivy (1CL), Andrew (1CL), Isabel (1P)
Year 2: Kieran (2G), Elliana (2G), Thomas (2B)
Music of the Week!
Johann Strauss II was an Austrian composer mainly composing light music for waltzes or operettas. The Blue Danube is one of his most famous pieces of music inspired by the Danube river that flows through many countries in Europe.