- An amazing week back. Two favourite quotes – “Real school is so much better than home school!” (Year R!) and “But I don’t want to do this!” (Year 1 child adjusting to being back at school). Priceless!
- Your children have been BRILLIANT this week. It’s been so good to see them.
- Over the next few weeks, our focus will be to identify gaps/insecurities in learning. We’ll be holding parents’ evenings in April/May (online).
- Red-nose day – 19th March (not a non-uniform day – see notice!)
- Non-Uniform day – 31st March (last day of this term). Raising money for FOSM!
Have a wonderful weekend :) Mr Applegate
We know it’s been a long time since the whole school has been in together, so here are a few reminders that may help :-)
- Please ensure your child has everything they need for their school day including coats, snacks, water bottles, packed lunches reading glasses, musical instruments etc. Please try to minimise as much as possible coming back to school to drop off forgotten items. Thank you.
- Music lessons: These will continue on the same day as they were before and during lockdown.
- PE Days are as follows. Remember your child will need to come into school wearing their PE kits on theses days: Year R: Monday; Year 1: 1C Thursday, 1J & 1P Friday; Year 2: Friday; Year 3: Thursday; Year 4: Wednesday; Year 5: Tuesday; Year 6: Wednesday.
FOSM Easter Egg Hunt
FOSM PTA will be running an Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt over the Easter break! This will take place in the school catchment area between Friday 2nd April and Sunday 18th April, for you to complete at your own pace. All correct entries will be entered into a draw to win an Easter treat. To take part, just complete this form and send payment to school with your child by 3pm on Friday 26th March. Happy hunting!
Red Nose Day – Friday 19th March (Not a non-uniform day!)
Early next week, we will be sending home a round sticker. Please draw a nose or write a joke on it, and wear it to school on Friday! We’ll also be holding a run red-nose day Kahoot in our worship on Friday. If you want to donate, please do so online here
FOSM Events Coming up!
- Non-Uniform Day – 31st March
- Easter Egg Hunt during the Easter break
- Car Washes – 24th April, 12th June, 17th July
- Staff vs Parent Challenge
- Sponsored Sports Day
- and more!
Star Learners – Home and At School
Well done to:
- Year R: Zach A, Max H, Zoe
- Year 1: Callan, Ben M, Jenson
- Year 2: Ollie, Jack W, Ava
- Year 3: Issac, George P, Amelia
- Year 4: Isaac, Max, Mikey
- Year 5: Anabella, Oscar, Terris
- Year 6: Elliot, Joby, Mollie
£252.47 for just shopping on Amazon?!
Thanks to your help, we’ve raised £252.47 since November by using Amazon Smile when shopping! Thank you! To find out more about Amazon Smile, click here.
Reading in Unusual Places!
Basingstoke Discovery Centre
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more.
SCL After school care
Click here for regular after school care at St Mark’s.
- Use the email email@example.com if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- Read this letter from Public Health England about symptoms and testing.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Do you have a spare laptop you don’t need?
Do you have a laptop lying around, which we can use to support children at home? Doesn’t need to be new or quick. We blitz it, and install all the software necessary. That way a child who doesn’t have access to a laptop for home learning can really benefit. If you can help, please email the office.
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school