Posts by :
- Thank you to our grounds maintenance team who helped on Thursday evening. We had about 15 in total. A special mention to Mr Naylor and Mr Ford who gave much time on Friday and today. Thank you.
- Thank you to Mr Calver, our new ‘Outdoor Facilitator’, for his huge efforts over the summer. His work on the farm, Year R, and other areas, is making a fantastic difference to our school.
- We also have newly refurbished toilets in Year R and also for Years 3&4.
- For play and breaktime, we’ll be in 3 new zones and will have greater mixing across the year groups. We’ll introduce new playground equipment, too. This is to encourage ‘discovery’, ‘relaxation’, ‘creativity’, and ‘physical activity’.
- There is much to do still – please let your children know that the farm won’t be ready just yet :)
- Your fundraising for our school is making so much of this possible. Thank you.
- We’ll keep the traffic flow that we had before – ie walking one way around the playground.
- We’ll be back in the hall for lunches – both packed lunch and school dinners.
- Did you see this post about uniform, timings, PE days etc?
See you tomorrow – Breakfast club from 8am, KS1 and KS2 gates open at 8:30am.
Our new farm is in progress!
Safeguarding screens on gates
Fresh-look lunches with amazing food
Fresh Look Lunches
Pabulum catering (not HC3S)
We’re excited to revamp our Year R area. Work has begun!
Sand Pit with sand!
Much needed new storage
New playtime equipment for the children
Fresh look without hedges by Y1
I trust you’ve had a restful summer break, and that the children are ready to come back to school – I’m sure adults are ready!
We’re excited about the new year ahead, including meeting those new to our school in Year R and other year groups.
Can you help at our Grounds Maintenance Working Party, Thursday 1st Sept 6:30pm? We could really do with some more help. Details here. Thanks!
A few reminders before we start next week:
- Uniform – click here for details, including Skoolkit ordering.
- School Meals – we start with Pabulum on 5th September. See the new menu here. We know it will be tasty – and great portion sizes!
- PE – We’ll be doing PE twice a week. Children can wear PE kit to school. See days below. Starting w.c. 12th September. No PE lessons next week.
- Timings – we’ll be sticking to gate times of 8:30-8:50am, and then at 3:10pm.
- School bags – can be ordered here.
- Absence – Please report absences via email here. If you need to request a future absence, please use this form.
- FOSM AGM – Please come to our FOSM AGM meeting on Monday 12th September, 7:30pm, at school. Details below.
- Clubs – Information about afterschool clubs will be out soon.
- Wraparound Afterschool Club (till 6pm) – booking and details here.
- Breakfast Club – just show up – details here.
PE Days for Autumn 1:
Starting w.c. 12th September.
- A reminder that children can wear PE kit to school on the days they have PE.
- Year R – Mondays and Fridays (starting Mon 26th Sept)
- Year 1 – Wednesdays and Fridays
- Year 2 – Mondays and Wednesdays
- Year 3 – Tuesdays and Fridays
- Year 4 – Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Year 5 – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Year 6 – Tuesdays and Fridays
We’re excited about our Summer Fun day – this Saturday. Have a great day with your family :) See the video for details about how it all works!
- The only entrance to the fun day is via the KS1 gate!
- Please be mindful of our neighbours, if they have no choice than to drive. Please park sensibly and with respect. The community centre isn’t available for parking, nor is the school.