A note from Mr Applegate
Life can feel very full-on for all sorts of reasons. Whether it is the pace, the pressure, or the worry, it can be hard going. However, Christmas can give us the chance to take a breath and refill our own bucket as well as others. You may find that ‘refilling’ in reading a book, in your faith, in watching a film, or playing a game. Sometimes it’s in having your own time, or by meeting up with good friends. Thankfully, refilling doesn’t need too much money or technology – often neither! Whatever you do, I hope this Christmas season gives you and your family that opportunity to find the real meaning of rest and being refilled.
Recent Highlights and Thank Yous
- We hope you enjoyed the Christmas performances – well done children!
- Thanks to Pabulum for putting on a great Christmas lunch yesterday.
- Huge thanks to FOSM for their efforts this term, and of course your generosity. See a few photos below!
- Thanks to Mrs Barbor and Mr Calver for their hard work on our grounds and developments.
- I know you join me in thanking all the staff at St Mark’s for their huge efforts and energies. Thank you everyone.
- Thank you to our Governors, our St Mark’s Heroes, and our other volunteers for all that you have given. We are so grateful :)
- Finally, a special thank you to Mrs Ford, who has led our school in the past 2 weeks in my absence, assisted by Mrs Rosso and Mrs Carter. Thank you.
This week’s top news & reminders
- INSET Day – Tuesday 3rd Jan 2023. First day back Weds 4th Jan.
- School Orchestra – Our school orchestra put on a marvellous performance for KS2 children this week playing festive tunes. Please contact us if your child has been inspired to join? The orchestra would love extra members. Your child just needs to have been having lessons for at least a year.
- Calling all Parents with Skills! We are hoping to create a register of parent trades and skills which we might be able to call upon for school issues and projects. You may own a business, you may have a trade, or you may just have a useful skill which could be beneficial to us at St Mark’s. If you can offer any help we’d be most grateful – please complete this form. Thank you!
Some of your FOSM donations have made this happen!
Enjoying the new equipment!
Mud Kitchen – getting there!
Digger Buckey – the beginnings!
Our plan for outside improvement
[Old] wow – thank you everyone!
[Old] What it looked like in the first place!
[Old] Another angle
Our new farm is in progress!
New playtime equipment for the children
Fresh look without hedges by Y1
We’re excited to revamp our Year R area. Work has begun!
School Dates, Lunches, and Clubs
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
Puffins – William , Parrots – , Penguins –
1P – Zoë, 1M – , 1CL – Olivia
2B – Harry, 2G – , 2BB –
3C – Sophie, 3T – , 3SB –
4W – , 4S – , 4PR – Leelan
5SP – Josh, 5DS – Harvey, 5F – Aimee
6P – , 6B – , 6C –
Star Reader Awards:
1P – Jack, 1M – , 1CL – Alyssa
2B – Thomas, 2G – , 2BB –
3C – , 3T – , 3SB –
4W – , 4S – , 4PR – Isobel
5SP – Seth, 5DS – Lewis, 5F – Rebecca
6P – , 6B – , 6C –
3C – Jackson, 3T – Jenson, 3SB – Mason
4W – Elsa, 4S – Lottie, 4PR – Oliver
5SP – George , 5DS – Elizabeth , 5F – Olivia
6P – Irebami, 6B – Rosie, 6C – Ethan
Most active class in each year group:
Year 3: 3SB
Year 4: 4PR
Year 5: 5DS
Year 6: 6P
NumBots best effort:
Year 1: Lena (1P), Aimee (1M), Mia (1M)
Year 2: Max H (2B), Lucas L (2BB), Charlotte B (2B)
Music of the week!
Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson
Can you think why this piece of music is called Sleigh Ride? It was composed by a man called Leroy Anderson who was American and died in 1975.