Welcome to Year 5
- Maths Challenges Page – Remember to look at the Maths Challenges page that Miss Goddard is creating each day by clicking here
- TT Rockstars – Practise your times tables
- Numbots – Use your TT Rockstars login and work through the easier levels to get to the trickier ones.
- Spelling Shed – Practise your spellings for this week (remember you can email in for your username and password)
- Reading – Read a book, newspaper, online article or comic for 20 minutes or log onto the Scholastic website to do some reading comprehension work (click here).
- Spellings – Complete your Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check each day.
- Computing – Prime8Coding https://www.prime8coding.co.uk/ is a website full of videos, lessons and resources about computer coding. Unfortunately, the software that you need to download it is only compatible with Windows, but if you’re able to, simply create an account and get coding! We’d love to see what you can create! Make sure you get your grown-up’s permission first before setting up an account.
- Worship – School worships at home – every Friday
You can find lots of learning resources that we have collated on the Educating Home Page. Click here to be redirected.
Please remember to do your very best work. Handwriting and presentation are as important at home as they are in school. You can complete your work in a book. in your homework book (if you have it at home) or if you need lined or squared paper you can get it here.
Note for parents:
* Hopefully your children will enjoy working through these activities and can do them independently.
* We completely understand it may be difficult to complete all these tasks due to other family commitments or you are working from home, so please do not worry; complete what you can with your child.
* The work we have set should take about 2 hours maximum spread throughout the day.
* Please note the ongoing activities are optional and could be completed once a week or more depending on time.
You can contact us between 9am and 4pm Monday – Friday on our class email address where we can help answer your queries or look forward to seeing your work.