Year 5 – Tuesday 5th May
Good Morning Year 5
We hope that you have slept well and are ready for another day of home learning. Your work yesterday was fantastic and we continue to be very proud of you for all your hard work. Please keep sending your work in, we love to see it.
Year 5 Team
Today we are going to be continuing with our work on decimals. More specifically, we are going to be subtracting decimals with the same number of decimal places. There is a video that you can watch to support your learning today which you can access by clicking here. We are working on Summer term – Week 2 (w/c 27th April): Lesson 2 – Subtracting decimals with the same number of decimal places. Remember you can present your work whichever way works for you and we are always here to support you by email.
Today you are going to be carrying on with English tasks based upon ‘Tales of the Caribbean’ that you started to look at yesterday. Go though the PowerPoint and have your role on the wall nearby from yesterday, it may come in handy. If you would like to listen to the story again then Mrs Poole’s video is still available on yesterday’s post (using the same password as always). You can choose whether to write or type your character description.
Today we are going to continue to learn about living things, but moving away from animals. We are going to be thinking about plants and their life cycles. As you work your way through the PowerPoint and watch the videos, we would like you to make notes about each section of the the life cycle. We have attached a sheet for you to do this on if you would like, or we are happy for you to choose another way to present it. We will be going into more detail on Pollination and Fertilisation in a future lesson.
Optional Daily Time Fillers
As well as the learning tasks we upload each day, there are a few ‘extras’ that you could have a go at, if you get time and would like to.
- Maths Challenges Page – Remember to look at the Maths Challenges page that Miss Goddard is creating each day by clicking here
- TT Rockstars – Practise your times tables
- Numbots – Use your TT Rockstars login and work through the easier levels to get to the trickier ones.
- Spelling Shed – Practise your spellings for this week (remember you can email in for your username and password).
- Reading – Read a book, newspaper, online article or comic for 20 minutes or log onto the Scholastic website to do some reading comprehension work (click here).
- Spellings – Complete your Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check each day.
- Computing – Prime8Coding https://www.prime8coding.co.uk/ is a website full of videos, lessons and resources about computer coding. Unfortunately, the software that you need to download it is only compatible with Windows, but if you’re able to, simply create an account and get coding! We’d love to see what you can create! Make sure you get your grown-up’s permission first before setting up an account.