Year 5 – Wednesday 6th May
Good Morning Year 5
Happy Wednesday – half way through the week already. We hope you’re having a great week so far. This is the last day of specific Year 5 learning for this week. This is because tomorrow you will have a set of jobs to do about VE Day and its importance, then Friday is bank holiday.
Just a reminder that all teachers are training today and tomorrow, so we will be unable to reply to emails until Monday of next week.
We look forward to seeing you in our class Zoom chats later – you will need a pen and some paper ready for another quiz Guess the Teacher!!
Year 5 Team
Today we are continuing to work with decimals. You will be adding decimals with a different number of decimal places. There is a video that you can watch to support your learning today which you can access by clicking here. We are working on Summer term – Week 2 (w/c 27th April): Lesson 3 – Adding decimals with a different number of decimal places. Remember you can present your work whichever way works for you.
Today we are going to continue our work with the ‘Tales of the Caribbean’ book. You need to work through the PowerPoint and watch Mrs Poole’s video at the bottom of this post (with the usual password).
The lovely Miss Stonehouse has recorded another YouTube Video for French. You can find this video at the bottom of this page in the video resources section (usual password).
Optional Daily Time Fillers
As well as the learning tasks we upload each day, there are a few ‘extras’ that you could have a go at, if you get time and would like to.
- Maths Challenges Page – Remember to look at the Maths Challenges page that Miss Goddard is creating each day by clicking here
- TT Rockstars – Practise your times tables
- Numbots – Use your TT Rockstars login and work through the easier levels to get to the trickier ones.
- Spelling Shed – Practise your spellings for this week (remember you can email in for your username and password).
- Reading – Read a book, newspaper, online article or comic for 20 minutes or log onto the Scholastic website to do some reading comprehension work (click here).
- Spellings – Complete your Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check each day.
- Computing – Prime8Coding https://www.prime8coding.co.uk/ is a website full of videos, lessons and resources about computer coding. Unfortunately, the software that you need to download it is only compatible with Windows, but if you’re able to, simply create an account and get coding! We’d love to see what you can create! Make sure you get your grown-up’s permission first before setting up an account.