Year 5 – Wednesday 24th March
Good Morning Year 5!
We hope you are well this Wednesday morning, and that you have had a good sleep and breakfast and are ready for the day ahead. Can you believe it is already half way through the week?
Hope you have managed to join in with the Joe Wicks (Body Coach) online workouts at 9am. Apparently they are excellent and over 800,000 children have used them across the country. They are a great way to keep your body active and get your brain ready and raring to go for you jobs. Has anyone managed to convince their parents to join in yet?
The weather has been so excellent this week, I hope you are enjoying it as much as you can. Us teachers are definitely enjoying walks, our gardens and keeping the windows open for the fresh air.
Year 5 Team
Don’t forget you can email us on email@example.com. We would love to hear from you if you have a question, need a password, need some help, want to show us your work or even just say hello! Please get your grown up’s permission before you email us. We look forward to hearing from you. We may not reply the same day!
Presentation – Please remember to do your very best work. Handwriting and presentation are as important at home as they are in school. You can complete your work in a book or if you need lined or squared paper you can get it here.
Note for parents: Hopefully your children will enjoy working through these activities and can do independently. We completely understand it may be difficult to complete all these tasks due to other family commitments or you are working from home, so please do not worry; complete what you can with your child.
Today your jobs are going to be, Maths, English and French.
- TTRockstars – Miss T (Missy Flowers) will be online at 3pm, beware she has been practising so is speedier than ever!
- Spelling Shed – Practising your spellings – Email in asking for your username and password
- Reading – Read for at least 20 mins.
- Spellings – Learn these everyday by using Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
Today we are going to continue to look at multiplying fractions, but this time with mixed numbers. Remember to use the video in the Video Resources section of this post to help you and if you would like answers just email in and ask.
Today you are going to be reading a letter that the author of Millions added at the end of the book. It has been typed onto the slides, so that hopefully there is no technical issues.
You task is then to write a letter to the author, answering some of the questions on the slides.
For French today, we want you to practise counting from 1-100.
So to start with, we would like you to watch the video on this link http://youtube.com/watch?v=DnrTrbJ6mYs and sing along to help recap the numbers.
Then, instead of a worksheet, we would like you to have a go at these French online games to help you practise your numbers of 1-100.
- https://www.easynotecards.com/matching/371 – Match the words with the numbers, choose the settings already chosen to start with (All 100 cards to play with, 6 cards per page)
- https://www.quia.com/cc/2040726.html – a slightly different matching game, you have to remember which card is where
- https://www.digitaldialects.com/French/numbers_1I.htm – adding numbers between 1 and 12 together in french (we would recommend the slow or intermediate speed first until you get into the swing of it)