What a great week!
We’re so proud of the children – they continue to work hard and enjoy themselves! We have been thinking about forgiveness this week. In particular, how it makes us feel when we forgive others who may have wronged us. Letting go of the anger, the hurt, the frustation has such a positive effect on how we feel. It can take courage to forgive and to take the first step, but we want to encourage the children not to hold on to anything! “Don’t Rub It In, Rub It Out!”
Thank you to everyone who was able to support the car wash last Satuday. It raised an amazing £586.71. Just amazing!
We look forward to seeing you online at parents’ evening soon. More details below.
We hope you have a wonderful bank holiday weekend! From Mr Applegate & The St Mark’s Team
Parents’ Evening Bookings
See the letter sent home for bookings, which are now open. Appointments will be online, lasting 10 minutes. Please contact the office if you haven’t received the letter.
- Wednesday 12th May 3.40-5.30pm
- Wednesday 19th May 3.40-5.30pm
- Wednesday 26th May 4.30-6.30pm
Breakfast Club Vacancy
Dandelions Cleaning Vacancy
Well done to:
- Year R: Alisha, Jimmy, Callie
- Year 1: Maicie, Owen, Darcie
- Year 2: Alfie, Finley, Lucas A
- Year 3: Monica, Elouise, Callum
- Year 4: Rosie, Oliver W, Isaac, Izzy L, Tyler
- Year 5: Lucy, Jack B, Matthew
- Year 6: Frankie, Lyra, Maddie F
Rock Stars & Numbots
Rock Stars best effort;
- Year 6 – Maddie F, Daniel H, Ava S, Ed E, Hannah B, Mia S
- Year 5 – Jack B, Brody P, Phoebe F
- Year 4 – Rosie B, Cara G, Harry A, Eddie H, Liam J, Irebami A, Luke W, Sophie G
- Year 3 – William H, George H, Joe T, Chloe M, Zoe B, Harry B, Elizabeth B
- Year 1 – Edward, Jackson, Maksim
- Year 2 – Beatrice, Nicholas, Sophia
Year 5 Taster and Open Days
The following schools are planning to hold Taster Days for Year 5 pupils:
- Brighton Hill School: Friday 9th July Tel: 01256 350606
- Aldworth School: Thursday 8th July Tel: 01256 322691
- Cranbourne School: Thursday 8th July Tel: 01256 868600
- Henry Beaufort School: will be holding their Taster Day online this year. Tel: 01962 880073
- Perins School: Open Mornings Thursday 8th & Friday 9th July 8.45am-10.30am. Open evening Thursday 9th July 5pm-7pm Tel: 01962 734361
Please note all dates may be subject to change. Please contact the individual schools for further information.
Year 6 Transitions Days
We have been given the following dates for the Year 6 transition days:
- Brighton Hill School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Aldworth School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Cranbourne School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
- Henry Beaufort School: Wednesday 7th & Thursday 8th July
- Perins School: TBC
- Bishop Challoner School: Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd July
Bags2School – have a clear out and raise funds!
Drop off 3:30 – 5pm in the school car park on Thursday 20th May.
Dresses and Messes – Customised items, and raising money for FOSM
See a wide range of items available, which can be personalised as you wish. All profits go to St Mark’s. Enjoy!
How to talk to your child about online safety
Click here for helpful videos from the NSPCC:
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more.
SCL After-school care & half term childcare
Click here for regular after school care at St Mark’s.
- Use the email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- Read this letter from Public Health England about symptoms and testing.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Monday 7th June 2021
Thursday 2nd September 2021
Friday 3rd September 2021 (term starts 6th Sept)
Tuesday 4th January 2022
Friday 8th April 2022
Monday 6th June 2022
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school
Recent Posts – have you missed anything?
- Year 5 Request for Art
- Rev May
- An explosive start to the Summer term for Year 4!
- 23rd April Newsletter – Car Wash Tomorrow, Parents’ Evenings, Taster Days and more
- Year R: People who help us
- Welcome Back Year 5!
Support our school whilst you shop!
Going to be absent?
We’ve moved our absence request form online. This is for absence requests such as holidays, weddings, funeral, special events, and more. You don’t need to use this form for sickness or self-isolation (but please email/phone the office if they are unwell).
Get in touch with us