We have had another fab week in Year 3. We just wanted to update you with a few reminders:
- Spellings are issued every Friday and tested the following Friday. These can be found in google classroom under the children’s class.
- Spelling shed https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb/ Your child’s spellings will also be on spelling shed. If you need login details please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homework will be a mixture of Handwriting/Maths or Handwriting/SPaG. This will be issued every Friday and can also be found in your child’s class.
- Reading folders These came home on Friday. They come into school each day with only the children’s reading books in them.
- Homework books and Handwriting Books In their book folders they also brought home their handwriting books and a homework book – please take these out of the folders and keep at home. They do not need to be brought back into school as you will upload pictures onto google classroom.
- Reading books Due to isolation restrictions reading books will be changed once a week on a Friday if they are finished – if they are longer books they can keep for longer. We understand that you may want to change more regularly but due to a set of books at home, a set of books in isolation it makes it tricky. Please do read other books that the children have at home though so they are reading daily.
- Year 3 Google Classroom Many of you have noticed work being uploaded to the Year 3 Goggle classroom daily – this work is for children that may need to self-isolate with other family members and only needs completing if this applies to your child. If your child has been at school, they do NOT need to complete this work.
- Times tables Rock stars Please do continue to use this to learn your times tables. If you need login details please email us at email@example.com.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Year 3 Team
What a super start to Year 3 we have had!
The children have settled well into their new classes and it is lovely to have them back in school. They have had a busy first week, learning lots of new routines but adapted to this very quickly. We have started our learning focusing on a book by Oliver Jeffers called A children of books. We have created a poem and some art work linked to the book (see some of our fabulous work below). We have also written some prayers thinking about what we are grateful for, sorry for and a wish for the world.
A couple of things you may need to know:
- We have set up the children’s spellings for this week onto their google classroom.
- Homework will be weekly starting next Friday – again you will find this on their google classroom.
- We are awaiting the children’s reading folders and will then send books home when these arrive. In the meantime, please do read and share books at home.
- The children will be bringing home their homework books to complete homework in and possible self isolation lessons. This book must stay at home and completed homework must be uploaded to google classroom each week.
- PE day is THURSDAY – so the children will come to school in their PE kits.
If you have forgotten your child’s login for google classroom, need to get a message to class teacher or any other questions do please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as we can.
Have a lovely, quiet and restful weekend. See you Monday.
Year 3 Team