RockStars proved to be hugely popular last year and helped the children to make considerable progress in learning their times tables facts.
As it is a new school year, we have reset the children’s RockStars accounts. Teachers will be handing out their logins this week.
RockStars is continuously improving with new features; this year, it has some new tools which help to assess where your child is currently with their times tables knowledge in order to tailor some of the questions to suit their needs and also give feedback to their teacher.
When your child first logs in, they will first need to choose a new ‘rockstar’ name. It would then be beneficial for them to play the ‘Gig’ as this gives an initial assessment and a baseline speed so that they and their teachers can see their progress over time.
If you have any questions, please pop in and speak to the class teacher.
The children were very enthusiastic on Monday when they received a letter asking them to become the archaeologists. At first they researched what an archaeologist’s job is and made a list of equipment needed to complete their dig. The children took great care and were really excited to take on one of the different roles – archaeologist, scientist, reporter, photographer and preservation team. They were quite surprised to find their role hidden under their chair at the start of the lesson.
This was the start our topic ‘Dig and Discover’ where the children have uncovered many artefacts from The Stone Age. We will be researching these over the coming weeks and taking the children back in time. We will be focusing our learning on answering our big question ‘Is all change needed?’
Next week we will be sending out our topic web and knowledge organiser after we have shared this with the children giving you and your child the knowledge needed for our topic this half term.
A few dates for your diary:
- Generic curriculum evening for 3/4/5/6 – 18th September at 7.20pm – this is for those that cannot attend our curriculum morning.
- Curriculum workshop – Tuesday 23rd September – This will give you details about the coming year with a Maths focus. You will then be invited to join your child for their Maths lesson.
- School trip – Friday 4th October – Trip to Stone Henge
- End of term museum – 24th October at 2pm – we would like to invite you to see all the children’s learning at our museum – more details to follow
Year 3 team
We are looking forward to welcoming the children to Year 3 on Thursday 5th September. A small reminder that our school trip will be taking place on Friday 4th October. Payment and consent form due in by Friday 13th September please. We will require several helpers so please let us know if you can help.
We have a very exciting half term planned with our new topic ‘Dig and Discover’ – we will send out some more information about this soon.
Our PE days will be Monday’s and Wednesday’s. Please make sure that PE kits are in school on a Monday morning.
Year 3 Team
Mrs Boyle, Mrs Spiers, Miss Barnett and Mrs Berwick
Dear Parents and Carers,
It is hard to believe our school year with such a lovely year group is nearly over. They have continued to work hard this term and have really enjoyed our learning about Titanic and thinking about our planet.
With the weather on our side, we will have our Sports Day and picnic this Friday. Details are on our website. Some children have had growth spurts so please check their trainers fit.
On Monday, 15th July, reports will be sent home with your child.
On Tuesday, 16th July, Mr Denman and the children will be treating us to a Samba drumming concert. Please come expecting quite a loud time with 31 drummers playing together! The times for this are:
3B – 9:30 – 10:00
3CB 10:30 -11:00
3WG 11:30 – 12:00
Following the concert, you are very welcome to join us in our classrooms to view the children’s home-learning projects of Titanic.
On Thursday, 18th July, from 3:30 – 6pm family and friends are invited to view the children’s art exhibition and meet with their new and current teachers.
We are looking forward to a busy end of term!
With best wishes from the Year 3 Team.
At the beginning of this week, the Air Quality Team thoroughly enjoyed their prize-winning donutting experience at Alpine Snowsports Centre in Aldershot. There was plenty of fun and laughter and a great time was had by all. The children loved being active and outside in the fresh air. We were really proud of how well they represented the school and it was a well-deserved celebration of their fantastic air quality project campaign.
After half term we will start our topic on the Titantic. We will need some things to make replica rooms for our topic display. Over half term could you please collect shoe boxes, clean cartons (such as yoghurt pots), cereal boxes and any other clean items for junk modelling. Please bring in any items by Thursday 6th June.
We hope you have had a lovely Easter break. We are very excited for our trip to Kew Gardens on Monday 29th April and have been carefully planning our day.
- Please arrive at school at 8.30am as we plan on leaving as soon as possible.
- We aim to be back at school by 5pm.
- The current weather forecast is for sunshine and showers so please ensure children have a waterproof coat and appropriate footwear- we will be doing lots of walking on the day.
- Children will need a rucksack for their belongings, they will have to carry all of their belongings for the day so please keep as lightweight as possible.
- Children will need to be in school uniform but may wear any comfortable walking shoes including trainers.
- Your child will not need any spending money.
- As well as lunch, we will stop for a morning and afternoon snack so please pack two additional snacks for your child.
- If you know your child suffers from travel sickness, please give them any usual medication before school.
If you have any questions please do come and see your child’s class teacher.