Dear Parents and Carers,
It is hard to believe our school year with such a lovely year group is nearly over. They have continued to work hard this term and have really enjoyed our learning about Titanic and thinking about our planet.
With the weather on our side, we will have our Sports Day and picnic this Friday. Details are on our website. Some children have had growth spurts so please check their trainers fit.
On Monday, 15th July, reports will be sent home with your child.
On Tuesday, 16th July, Mr Denman and the children will be treating us to a Samba drumming concert. Please come expecting quite a loud time with 31 drummers playing together! The times for this are:
3B – 9:30 – 10:00
3CB 10:30 -11:00
3WG 11:30 – 12:00
Following the concert, you are very welcome to join us in our classrooms to view the children’s home-learning projects of Titanic.
On Thursday, 18th July, from 3:30 – 6pm family and friends are invited to view the children’s art exhibition and meet with their new and current teachers.
We are looking forward to a busy end of term!
With best wishes from the Year 3 Team.
At the beginning of this week, the Air Quality Team thoroughly enjoyed their prize-winning donutting experience at Alpine Snowsports Centre in Aldershot. There was plenty of fun and laughter and a great time was had by all. The children loved being active and outside in the fresh air. We were really proud of how well they represented the school and it was a well-deserved celebration of their fantastic air quality project campaign.
After half term we will start our topic on the Titantic. We will need some things to make replica rooms for our topic display. Over half term could you please collect shoe boxes, clean cartons (such as yoghurt pots), cereal boxes and any other clean items for junk modelling. Please bring in any items by Thursday 6th June.
We hope you have had a lovely Easter break. We are very excited for our trip to Kew Gardens on Monday 29th April and have been carefully planning our day.
- Please arrive at school at 8.30am as we plan on leaving as soon as possible.
- We aim to be back at school by 5pm.
- The current weather forecast is for sunshine and showers so please ensure children have a waterproof coat and appropriate footwear- we will be doing lots of walking on the day.
- Children will need a rucksack for their belongings, they will have to carry all of their belongings for the day so please keep as lightweight as possible.
- Children will need to be in school uniform but may wear any comfortable walking shoes including trainers.
- Your child will not need any spending money.
- As well as lunch, we will stop for a morning and afternoon snack so please pack two additional snacks for your child.
- If you know your child suffers from travel sickness, please give them any usual medication before school.
If you have any questions please do come and see your child’s class teacher.
We were given a challenge from Mr Applegate to provide a service somewhere in our community. Year 3 decided to read with the children at Dandelions pre-school. Children have had a great time and when asked what they liked best said, “The smiles on the childrens’ faces!”.
This term we have been using dienes and other concrete resources to learn how to further our multiplication and division skills.