Good Morning Year 5
Welcome to Wednesday!
We hope that you have been having a wonderful week so far! We have been receiving a lot of emails showing some excellent work and we are so proud with how well everyone is doing. We are all so proud of you!
Below we have put a selection of work that we have been sent over the past few days. We love seeing what you are doing at home so please continue to email us!
Year 5 Team
Don’t forget you can email us on email@example.com. We would love to hear from you if you have a question, need a password, need some help, want to show us your work or even just say hello! Please get your grown up’s permission before you email us. We look forward to hearing from you. We may not reply the same day!
Presentation – Please remember to do your very best work. Handwriting and presentation are as important at home as they are in school. You can complete your work in a book or if you need lined or squared paper you can get it here.
Note for parents: Hopefully your children will enjoy working through these activities and can do independently. We completely understand it may be difficult to complete all these tasks due to other family commitments or you are working from home, so please do not worry; complete what you can with your child.
Today we will be moving onto subtracting decimals within 1. You can access the video for today’s work by clicking here. We are working on Summer term – Week 1 (w/c 20 April) Lesson 2 – subtracting decimals within 1. Don’t forget you can also email us if you need any help. If you haven’t completed the Maths for today already, we just wanted to pre-warn you about Q7. It is very tricky and takes lots of steps. It is possible but it is very complicated so please don’t worry about attempting this question. Keep up the fab work Year 5!
Below are the answers for the White Rose worksheet and challenges.
For English today there is a PowerPoint for you to go through below. We then want you to explore your creative side and write your own acrostic poem. We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Fantastic French Video Resource
Optional Daily Time Fillers
As well as the learning tasks we upload each day, there are a few ‘extras’ that you could have a go at, if you get time and would like to.
- Maths Challenges Page – Remember to look at the Maths Challenges page that Miss Goddard is creating each day by clicking here
- TT Rockstars – Practise your times tables
- Numbots – Use your TT Rockstars login and work through the easier levels to get to the trickier ones.
- Spelling Shed – Practise your spellings for this week (remember you can email in for your username and password).
- Reading – Read a book, newspaper, online article or comic for 20 minutes or log onto the Scholastic website to do some reading comprehension work (click here).
- Spellings – Complete your Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check each day.