A note from Mr Applegate
- Don’t miss the Skoolkit discount for jumpers – details here. A reminder that school bags must be drawstring bags for Years R-5 – full details here.
- We look forward to our FOSM summer fun day on Sat 2nd July – details below.
- Non-uniform day Thursday 30th June – in return for Tombola items for the summer fun day- details below.
- Weds 6th July – our transition day for children in Years R-5. They will find out their new class teachers and spend an hour in their new class groupings. Children in Y6 still need to come in!
- What a week! Our BPSM Choir, Orchestra and Dancers performed at the Anvil on Tuesday and Wednesday, and were amazing. We’re so proud of them. Thanks to the staff team that made it possible, led by Mrs Chapman.
- Year R enjoyed a trip to Bucklebury Farm, and Year 2 went to Hilliers Garden this week – with an extra adventure on the way home (thank you to all who helped!).
- We are excited to announce we are supporting The Mud House Children’s Foundation, a charity working with children in the Maasai region of Tanzania. This will be an on-going relationship across the years, and is part of our vision for children to (a) see themselves as part of our world (b) see that our actions have an impact on others (b) see that they can make a positive difference to others. See here for more information. We will finish our support of Raising Hope Foundation.
- Reminder of latest covid guidelines here.
Also at the Summer Fun Day…
What’s your child learning this term?
- Y1 Flower Power Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y1 Flower Power Project Information.pdf
- Y2 Oh the places you'll go Knowledge Organiser .pdf
- Y2 Oh the places you'll go Project Information.pdf
- Y3 Beneath the Shadows Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y3 Beneath the Shadows Project Information.pdf
- Y4 Uneathing Angle-land Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y4 Uneathing Angle-land Project Information.pdf
- Y5 Vikings Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Y5 Vikings Project Information.pdf
- Year R newsletter Summer 2 2022.pdf
(Year 6 to come!)
Update on our Fundraising!
A massive thank you for growing £420 into £7,428.67 through our grow a 70p campaign! We’re still counting the extras handed in this week. Thank you for your generosity at all of our events and activities!
Dates for your diary
Upcoming School Trips & Events
- Transition Day: 6th July
- Year 5 Taster Day at Brighton Hill School: 7th July
- Year 3 Seacity Trip: 8th July
- Year 4 New Barn Field Centre Residential: 11th-13th July
- Year 5 Ufton Court: 14th July
- Week of the 27th June, with workshops for Years 5 &6 on 27th, 28th June
FOSM Summer Fun Day – Sat 2nd July
Inset Days – Thursday 1st September, Friday 2nd September, Tuesday 3rd January 2023, Friday 31st March 2023, Monday 5th June 2023
A reminder for Year 2 parents… at present, your child can have meals for free because the government pays for them (Universal Infant Free School Meals). This however stops when they begin Year 3. Meals then cost £2.60- and will be under our amazing new catering service provided by Pabulum!
Foundation Governor Required!
We have a brilliant governing body, and have a vacancy for a foundation governor. Why not join us?
A foundation governor is appointed to the governing body to support the religious character of the school. In church schools, governors are guardians of the vision and Christian ethos, keeping it alive and ensuring that it is implemented.
Being a governor also involves meeting with other governors (12 meetings across the year), meeting with staff a few times across the year, and visiting the school to help us show we are doing all that we need to be doing!
If you are interested in finding out more, please email the office here. Or why not suggest this to someone you think might be interested?!
⭐ Star Learners ⭐
Star Learner Awards:
- Year R: Ezra, Ruby, Laura
- Year 1: Alfie, Logon, Charlotte
- Year 2: All of Year 2!
- Year 3: Ruby, Emily, Sophie
- Year 4: Joe, Jakob, Lara, Taya
- Year 5: Cristina, Emilia, Oliver
- Year 6: – Charlie A, Cameron M, Brody
- Year 3: Angelina, Liam H, Emily H
- Year 4: Olivia N, Harry B, Elizabeth B
- Year 5: Eunice, Marcus, Felicity
- Year 6: Sophia M, Amelia G
Most active class in each year group:
- Year 3: 3T
- Year 4: 4T
- Year 5: 5SP
- Year 6: 6C & 6S
- Year 1: Louie, Alfie J, Joshua E
- Year 2: Sienna, Jackson, Lola
Star Reader Awards:
- Year 1: Max T, Owen, Konrad
- Year 3: Max, Eli, Braden
- Year 4: Zac, Gabriella, Harry
- Year 5: Amelia W, James S, Izzy L
- Year 6: Zac P, David, Samanta
Music of the week!
Vivaldi was an Italian baroque composer. The Four Seasons Suite is one of his most recognisable pieces of work that give character to the 4 seasons of the year.
Simba has been enjoying splashing in the pool in the hotter weather!
The ‘Friends of St Mark’s’ (FOSM) was formed early in the life of the school. All parents are automatically members and our committee organises social events for children and adults and fund-raising events such as Key Stage discos, Easter Egg Hunts and Summer Fun days.
Over the last few years the ‘Friends’ have donated money that has contributed towards extra resources to benefit the children at St. Mark’s which has included playground equipment, books for the school library, and general school funds. We are now a registered charity, too. Charity number: 1188879
Join our Facebook group here.
- Latest Posts
- Online Forms
- After School Care
- Prayer Points
- Covid Reminders
- Going to be absent?
- Email and Contact Details
- FOSM Summer Fun Day – Today!
- 1st July Newsletter – Summer Fun Day, Transition Day, Staff Changes and more
- FOSM Summer Fun Day – This Saturday – Video with details
- Year 3 – A couple of reminders
- 24th June Newsletter – FOSM update, transition details, Uniform discount and more
- Year 2 – Our Trip- An Adventure we never expected!