- We all return on the 8th March! School will operate like it did in Autumn term. Please watch the video for more information, and this post if you missed it.
- Parents and carers, don’t forget the masks when you are on site!
- We’ll be helping the children with the transition of the returning to normal-ish school – remember it’s a change for everyone.
I am sorry to let you know that Mr Maylen, one of our fantastic LSAs, is moving to Devon to be with his family. His last day at St Mark’s will be on Friday 5th March. Mr Maylen has been a brilliant part of St Mark’s for 6 years. Much of that time has been spent within The Bridge. This year, he has been solely based in 3SB, partly because of our bubbles so not being allowed elsewhere! Over the years, he has also run several after school sports clubs, and enjoyed being involved in the life of the school. He has a great ability in mentoring and supporting the children that he works with, and seeing their progress across the years has been a privilege. As a staff, we will of course miss him very much – he brings much fun and character to the school. I know you will join me in wishing him all the best in his new ventures, and in thanking him for all that he has given to our school over the years.
The Spotlight Charity require the following items to distribute to families in need: body wash, deodorants, colouring books, pencils, perfumes gift sets, face wipes, nail varnish, body sprays, presents for children under the age of 5, baby supplies such as bubble baths and nappies, mens hygiene products, hand gel, and bubble bath.
If you’re able to donate, even something little, that would be great. We will have boxes by the main office doors for you to drop off any donations. Thank you in advance for your generosity. :-)
Star Learners – Home and At School
Well done to:
- Year R: Harvey, Eva G, Luke, Abbie, Vinelle, Millie
- Year 1: Lola, Ava M, Kelan, Edward, Sienna, Emi
- Year 2: Jai, Keya, Joshua, Annabelle, Leelan, Jacob
- Year 3: Aimee, Sophie, Theo A, Annabelle, Ellie, Elodie
- Year 4: Bethany C, Kayla, Scarlett E, Aarav, Sophie G, Mofi
- Year 5: Darcy, Raphael, Joe W, Thomas, Ruby, Daisy C
- Year 6: Lottie, Archie, Madison, Harrison G, DJ, Lucas S
Hatch Warren After School Care – reopens on 8th March
Our Online Etiquette Competition Winners
FOSM Fundraising Update!
The total continues to rise – £15,082.33 since September 2020! Thank you!! Find our more about our FOSM fundraising here inluding the school lottery.
World Book Day – Thursday 4th March
We won’t be doing a dress up day, but the children will be taking part in a range of reading-related activities on this day! We also aim to do a little something extra in the summer!
Sign-up for our school prayer points mailing list
Would you like to join our prayer points mailing list? In conjunction with Immanuel church, this is a new opportunity to receive by email a half-termly prayer point list for our school. Click here to find out more.
- Use the email email@example.com if you have questions or need to report symptoms or a positive case.
- Please keep us updated – for example, of test results.
- Read this letter from Public Health England about symptoms and testing.
- NHS Symptoms Check
- If a child or parent is at home because of symptoms, please keep the siblings off too. IE the whole household needs to isolate, and the person with symptoms needs to get a test.
- We are moving online with homework, spellings and Google Classrooms. If you need help with technology, please do let us know by emailing the office.
- If a child is off school but able to work, then Google Classroom work is available – and it should be completed. Teachers spend a lot of time making sure this work is available so no-one misses out!
Do you have a spare laptop you don’t need?
Do you have a laptop lying around, which we can use to support children at home? Doesn’t need to be new or quick. We blitz it, and install all the software necessary. That way a child who doesn’t have access to a laptop for home learning can really benefit. If you can help, please email the office.
- Absence Request form – going to be absent (e.g. wedding, funeral, holiday etc)? Use this form
- Pupil Premium Form – have your work/benefit circumstances changed? Complete this form so we can check if your child is elligible for free school meals and other support at school.
- Getting Home Arrangements – tell us how your child gets home each day.
- Mobile Phone Request – for older children needing to bring a phone to school