Year 5 – Friday 1st May
Good Morning Year 5
Wow! It is the start of a new month and Friday has come around again which means another week of home learning has been completed. It may not always be easy but we are all so proud of all of the effort you are all putting in.
We are so so proud of each and every one of you and hope that you all enjoy your weekend. You deserve it!
Some of the teachers have created a worship for this week which you can access by clicking here.
Year 5 Team
Don’t forget you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you if you have a question, need a password, need some help, want to show us your work or even just say hello! Please get your grown up’s permission before you email us. We look forward to hearing from you. We may not reply the same day!
Presentation – Please remember to do your very best work. Handwriting and presentation are as important at home as they are in school. You can complete your work in a book or if you need lined or squared paper you can get it here.
Note for parents: Hopefully your children will enjoy working through these activities and can do independently. We completely understand it may be difficult to complete all these tasks due to other family commitments or you are working from home, so please do not worry; complete what you can with your child.
Today we will be moving onto adding decimals but this time we will be crossing the whole. You can access the video for today’s work by clicking here. We are working on Summer term – Week 1 (w/c 20 April) Lesson 4 – adding decimals crossing the whole. Don’t forget you can also email us if you need any help and you don’t need to print this off, you can just use a pencil and paper, just try your best.
Below are the answers for the White Rose worksheet and the challenges.
Remember on Fridays we are going to be completing a Reading Comprehension job. On the word document below there is a poem for you to enjoy and then some questions for you to answer relating to what you have just read.
Topic today requires you to be a detective. We will be looking again at human and physical features. Can you work out what features are shown in the pictures? Let us know how well you do!
Optional Daily Time Fillers
As well as the learning tasks we upload each day, there are a few ‘extras’ that you could have a go at, if you get time and would like to.
- Maths Challenges Page – Remember to look at the Maths Challenges page that Miss Goddard is creating each day by clicking here
- TT Rockstars – Practise your times tables
- Numbots – Use your TT Rockstars login and work through the easier levels to get to the trickier ones.
- Spelling Shed – Practise your spellings for this week (remember you can email in for your username and password).
- Reading – Read a book, newspaper, online article or comic for 20 minutes or log onto the Scholastic website to do some reading comprehension work (click here).
- Spellings – Complete your Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check each day.